• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • red1027

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    RGV
    Here is my little room. I converted the closet in my office into my reloading room. Because of school and work I was finally able to finish it today. I replaced the door knob with one that has a lock. I have an 18 month old baby girl that loves spending time with dad and is always willing to give a hand. She learned how to open doors so I have to be able to lock it.

A little bit about the dimensions. The closet is about 5ft 10in long and 4 ft wide. The bench is 4ft 9 1/2 in long and 2 ft wide. It is a bit tight in there but hey I am the only one allowed, so it works out.

IMAG0176.jpg

IMAG0174.jpg

IMAG0172.jpg

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Humidity is bad for carbon steel and heat is bad for powder and primers. Glad it's safe for your family. In a few years teach your little girl to reload and shoot. 22LR then AR15. Before you know it she will be wanting her own gun. Cheers!

Don

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    East Texas
    Thatsa nice reloading room, its always nice to have more room, but I always seem to fill it up no matter how big or small it is..!!!!
    I think we're gonna have some strange weather this year AGAIN here in East Texas, its 23rd of Jan, and I was sweating today shooting out back.
    Humidity is the reason I have tried EVERY oil on the market to help with surface rust.. settled on EEZOX...works.!!
    In fact, I have just been going over oiling my guns tonight...Better than watching crappy TV :-)

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    Don, you ever try LPS3? I've got raw steel parts that I coated 5 years ago that have zero rust on them. It is waxy, so it has to be applied sparingly but for tools and dies, it is great.

Don

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    East Texas
    Don, you ever try LPS3? I've got raw steel parts that I coated 5 years ago that have zero rust on them. It is waxy, so it has to be applied sparingly but for tools and dies, it is great.

No, guess I have not really tried ALL of them...but a bunch. :-)
    That just may have a place in my cabinet, I may just pick up a can and try it. Thanks for the heads up.!!

Don

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I reload it the garage too. It is a good thing because my Dillion 550B occassionaly spits spent primers out onto the floor and there is the occassional spilled powder charge. Indoors or in the garage, reloading is fun.

medalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    New Mexico
    Try RIG (Rust Inhibiting Grease) works very well on everything I've used it on. Also good for long-term storage of guns, if one were to consider such a thing.....

Don

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    East Texas
    My whole reloading story started out like the OP and others. I started off in an unheated or air conditioned shop/barn.
    Did that for many years dealing with the Texas elements. About a year ago I started to rebuild my shop and insulate it plus several other mods. I'm almost finished now ( I'm sloooowwww because of a dang bum-Back ..!! )

All the rain we got today( Gully-washer) showed me a leak on the end of the shop on the tin roof. (Gotta fix that NOW )

So I should be able to manage without all the rust prevention very soon.........I HOPE..!!!!!

Thanks for all the help guys, and I hope I'm NOT hi-jacking the OP's post, just jabbering and a little long winded at times.

Thanks
    Don

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Nice room. As a couple of the other posters mentioned, I am stuck in the garage and can only load when the conditions are right. I am able to prep cases, and then prime indoors. I also store my powder and primers in the casa. I look forward to having a room of my own to load in.

Top Bottom