My SPR is finally finished

biglucky

Well-Known
TGT Supporter
Feb 3, 2009
Dripping Springs, TX
DSC00046.jpg

I built this SPR from the receiver up...

POF USA P-415 lower receiver
VLTOR MUR-1 upper receiver
Magpul MIAD pistol group
Magpul PRS stock
PRI SPR Mk-2 Mod0 hand guard and swan rail
Ko-Tonic's 20" 6.8SPC barrel
Sightmark 8.5-25 x 56mm scope
AAC M4-2000 Supressor

biglucky

Well-Known
TGT Supporter
Feb 3, 2009
Dripping Springs, TX
I am a supressor noob.... what do you mean "preform"? The round is good out to 800 yards, my shooting skills are ok to about 300 yards, so the can shouldn't really effect my shooting with it much I don't suppose.

baboon

TGT Addict
May 6, 2008
In a dumpy house on an expensive lot
By preform I meant as quiet as you can get it to shoot.

I seen you were looking for information on a subsonic load. IIRC the 6.8 has standard velocities from 2,000-3,000 fps. I did not notice any sub sonic loads data present in anything I've seen. Looks like you have your work cut out for you.

130 Nosler B-Tip with 22.5 Accurate AAC-2015 gives you 2,050 fps. My guess is cut this in half & work up. A chronograph could be a very handy tool in getting this figured out.

I went the lazy route & built a .300 Whisper. The gun is finally done I'm just waiting on my can.

A buddy of mine already has his Whisper complete. He is going to try his Gemtech 9 mm can on it to cut weight.

biglucky

Well-Known
TGT Supporter
Feb 3, 2009
Dripping Springs, TX
Shot it for the first time tonight... It was awesome.

It did help me with a problem I have been having. I have been having issues with the gun cycling. However suppressed it never missed a beat. So I think I have a gas problem.... Time to find a good AR smith to look at it now to see what the problem might be.

The can also moved the point of impact down a little over 4 inches at 100 yards, is that normal?

SIG_Fiend

Administrator
TGT Supporter
Admin
Feb 21, 2008
Austin, TX
NICE!

Excellent setup Biglucky. If I ever build an SPR, that's pretty much exactly how I would set mine up.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member