• ...and so much more!
  • biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    DSC00046.jpg

I built this SPR from the receiver up...

POF USA P-415 lower receiver
    VLTOR MUR-1 upper receiver
    Magpul MIAD pistol group
    Magpul PRS stock
    PRI SPR Mk-2 Mod0 hand guard and swan rail
    Ko-Tonic's 20" 6.8SPC barrel
    Sightmark 8.5-25 x 56mm scope
    AAC M4-2000 Supressor
    Texas SOT

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    I am a supressor noob.... what do you mean "preform"? The round is good out to 800 yards, my shooting skills are ok to about 300 yards, so the can shouldn't really effect my shooting with it much I don't suppose.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    By preform I meant as quiet as you can get it to shoot.

I seen you were looking for information on a subsonic load. IIRC the 6.8 has standard velocities from 2,000-3,000 fps. I did not notice any sub sonic loads data present in anything I've seen. Looks like you have your work cut out for you.

130 Nosler B-Tip with 22.5 Accurate AAC-2015 gives you 2,050 fps. My guess is cut this in half & work up. A chronograph could be a very handy tool in getting this figured out.

I went the lazy route & built a .300 Whisper. The gun is finally done I'm just waiting on my can.

A buddy of mine already has his Whisper complete. He is going to try his Gemtech 9 mm can on it to cut weight.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Shot it for the first time tonight... It was awesome.

It did help me with a problem I have been having. I have been having issues with the gun cycling. However suppressed it never missed a beat. So I think I have a gas problem.... Time to find a good AR smith to look at it now to see what the problem might be.

The can also moved the point of impact down a little over 4 inches at 100 yards, is that normal?

rugerdawg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Beautiful job!! I really like the PRI handguard, was the swan rail necessary to clear your rear buis or would the larue mount by itself been sufficent?

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    How do you like the PRS? Is it heavy compared to other stocks?

I love the PRS. It is heavy, but on a precision rifle heavy is good. This is not a rifle you would shoot off hand much, but the simple adjustments for length of pull and cheek piece make the PRS gold in my book.

Beautiful job!! I really like the PRI handguard, was the swan rail necessary to clear your rear buis or would the larue mount by itself been sufficent?

So I never tried it without the swan rail, I built it with that rail from day one. The main reason for me on the swan rail was the added stability of truly tieing the upper receiver and the handguard together.

Top Bottom