• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Was waiting on 2X 960 round case of 7.62x51 NATO 146 grain FMJ Hirtenberger surplus ammo yesterday. Truck drives past the house & tracking shows it left on the porch. Needless to say UPS sucks!!!

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Man, that sucks. I hope you made an immediate call to UPS or went to the terminal serving you. If that driver appropriated that ammo....

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I've had that happen once or twice in the past 10+ years. Package was usually left at a house on the next street over with the same house number. Usually done by a new or substitute driver. USPS does this more frequently.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I think it's time that their electronic sign off clipboard has a GPS built into it so when not if they screw up it's easier to prove!
    Another sad joke about them is it was left on a porch but was signed by REL 6Y9!

Even worse is the fact that someone open up those cases & knew damn well they were not theirs!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    USPS does this to me weekly.

You seen this about USPS?
    https://about.usps.com/postal-bulletin/2016/pb22444/pb22444.pdf
    Firearms info starts on page 7.
    The pertinent changes:
    432.3 Rifles and Shotguns
    [Revise items a. through g. to read as follows:]
    1. Bear a “Return Service Requested” endorsement.
    2. Be sent by Priority Mail Express (with “signature
    required”) or Registered Mail.
    3. Include Signature Confirmation service or insured
    mail service (for more than $500) requiring a signature
    at delivery.
    d. Rifles and shotguns may be mailed by a non-FFL
    owner domestically to a FFL dealer, manufacturer, or
    importer in any state. These items must be mailed
    using those services described in 432.3a.
    [Add new 432.4 to read as follows:]
    432.4 Indemnity Claims
    When indemnity claims pertaining to regulated firearms are
    filed for loss or damage to contents, claims will only be paid
    for complete loss under either of the following conditions:
    a. The regulated firearm has been lost, or
    b. When the mailer has provided reasonable estimates
    of firearm’s value and of repair cost from a reputable
    dealer, and the repair cost exceeds the declared and/
    or actual value of the firearm at the time of mailing.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Been there, done that. They left it at a neighbor's house. One street over. Different house number than mine. Fortunately, the neighbor, a complete stranger, was honest and brought it to me. A few months later, I received his frozen ham, so I returned the favor.

blueangel64

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Spring
    Exact same thing. Sitting in my living room, saw UPS truck go by. Checked the tracking number for the umpthteen time. It FINALLY says delivered on front porch. I say WTF! OVER?? Immediately called Midway. Why?? I don't know. Maybe they have better direct contact with UPS for this kinda stuff. Since it was a late Friday, they could only input the info so that an investigation could be started on MONDAY!.... MONDAY????? I was not a happy camper. Miraculously(sp??) the package showed up on my door step the next day.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    UPS does an incredible job in our rural area in east Houston. The drivers address us by name, pet Jake when they arrive and even chat for a moment in spite of their hectic pace. I couldn't ask for any better service and they beat the pants off of any other delivery system!

Flash

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    Happens to me all the time. For some reason most of my issues are with UPS. When I am at home, I dn't work so I have nothing to do but sit at home and makes sure my stuff gets delivered. I have UPS in my phone now so I can complain when they show 'attempted delivery, not home' and the driver never even came down my block...............

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    If a signature is required, UPS leaves it on my doorstep probably 75% of the time.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    UPS does an incredible job in our rural area in east Houston. The drivers address us by name, pet Jake when they arrive and even chat for a moment in spite of their hectic pace. I couldn't ask for any better service and they beat the pants off of any other delivery system!

Flash
    ^This is my experience also. Well, except for the east Houston part.

sdismukes

Bending nails and making sawdust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2014
    Erath County
    I call 'em Oops. Fed Ex has yet to lose a package. Oops has lost several. Had a memory chip being sent from Irving to Plano. Last scanned onto a truck heading to Albuquerque. Never ever saw it again. Sender replaced it. My very first trade show, $4000 for a 10x10 patch of concrete, $150 in electricity for 2 lights...not cheap! I had invested a ton in display equipment, supplies and so on. Sent the display unit to SoCal by Oops. It never left Mesquite. Got it back 2 weeks later and all they could do is reimburse me for shipping charges. - had to do the trade show with 8 1/2x11 pages hastily printed and pinned to the backdrop curtain. Real professional. I was SEETHING. Recently I ordered 4 drawer units - each box weighed on the lines of 60 lbs. Each about the size of a small coffin. 1 arrived, the other 3 were "lost". Filed a claim through Home Depot. 3 days later finally got the other 3, told Ooops all was good, they could resolve the claim. 2 weeks later the other 3 boxes show up at my gate, and I tell the driver to keep 'em.

Individual drivers may be really good, but I'm surprised Oops is still in business.

I will never select oops for shipping if there are any other options.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I call 'em Oops. Fed Ex has yet to lose a package. Oops has lost several. Had a memory chip being sent from Irving to Plano. Last scanned onto a truck heading to Albuquerque. Never ever saw it again. Sender replaced it. My very first trade show, $4000 for a 10x10 patch of concrete, $150 in electricity for 2 lights...not cheap! I had invested a ton in display equipment, supplies and so on. Sent the display unit to SoCal by Oops. It never left Mesquite. Got it back 2 weeks later and all they could do is reimburse me for shipping charges. - had to do the trade show with 8 1/2x11 pages hastily printed and pinned to the backdrop curtain. Real professional. I was SEETHING. Recently I ordered 4 drawer units - each box weighed on the lines of 60 lbs. Each about the size of a small coffin. 1 arrived, the other 3 were "lost". Filed a claim through Home Depot. 3 days later finally got the other 3, told Ooops all was good, they could resolve the claim. 2 weeks later the other 3 boxes show up at my gate, and I tell the driver to keep 'em.

Individual drivers may be really good, but I'm surprised Oops is still in business.

I will never select oops for shipping if there are any other options.

I sent a box of ammo to a friend a few years back. Fed Ex somehow managed to loose it half way to the destination while it was at one of their facilities. 1 month later, no ammo. Just a refund with no explanation at all. I think an employee probably appropriated some 45 ACP for his own personal use.

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    UPS as been great for me here in Cali, back home in Texas, and when I was in North Carolina. Fed Ex on the other hand has been problem after problem. Everytime I order something online and it's coming via FEDEX I just assume it's going to be a PITA to get my stuff.

Twice when I lived in Texas they updated the website as "attempted to drop off package, owner not home" or something to that effect. Both times I was at home with the door open the whole day doing stuff around the house and never once saw a FEDEX truck drive by and there were no door tags on my door both times. The driver simply didn't want to drive out to our house those days and fudged the system.

sdismukes

Bending nails and making sawdust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2014
    Erath County
    I sent a box of ammo to a friend a few years back. Fed Ex somehow managed to loose it half way to the destination while it was at one of their facilities. 1 month later, no ammo. Just a refund with no explanation at all. I think an employee probably appropriated some 45 ACP for his own personal use.

I think that's what happened to the memory chip. There are thieves in every organization. As a whole Oops is reasonably competent, not nearly to the extent FedEx is, though. What they cost me by failing to deliver the display unit I think made me waste near on $10 grand in setup, travel, and convention costs. Add that to the frequency they actually do lose stuff, they are my third or fourth choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I think that's what happened to the memory chip. There are thieves in every organization. As a whole Oops is reasonably competent, not nearly to the extent FedEx is, though. What they cost me by failing to deliver the display unit I think made me waste near on $10 grand in setup, travel, and convention costs. Add that to the frequency they actually do lose stuff, they are my third or fourth choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    UPS once tried to sent my BCM AR upper to the wrong address. I caught the error before it even left their facility in Wisconsin. What did they do? They sent it to Chicago, then to San Fransisco, and then up the coast to the address that it wasn't supposed to go to before being sent back to San Francisco and finally to me in Texas...

It took two weeks to get it.

They also delivered a buffer tube to the wrong address.

USPS has never screwed up on me though, and I use them 90% of the time.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom