• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Happens to me all the time. For some reason most of my issues are with UPS. When I am at home, I dn't work so I have nothing to do but sit at home and makes sure my stuff gets delivered. I have UPS in my phone now so I can complain when they show 'attempted delivery, not home' and the driver never even came down my block...............

I had to call them twice. First dude couldn't be bothered with doing his job. Second time I thought I was connected to Mambai. That guy had a thick accented but handled shit much better.
    ARJ Defense ad

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    UPS does an incredible job in our rural area in east Houston. The drivers address us by name, pet Jake when they arrive and even chat for a moment in spite of their hectic pace. I couldn't ask for any better service and they beat the pants off of any other delivery system!

Flash

I call them Big Brown because of what they are full of. Worst service in east Houston area.
    I really hate FedEx and DHL's new delivery method. They deliver to a post office in the area and USPS delivers. Whole thing is on the USPS tracking number, so nothing shows "shipped" till it gets to post office.

STXdevilsquid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Live Oak
    I had FedEx leave a really long and skinny box from Sig at our local bank, luckily small town and it's our bank so they know us, why they would just drop off a box there though is crazy, didn't tell them what was in it.

UPS just Ace Ventura drop kicks our packages on the side of the high way, dont think they even slow down, I called them one time to complain and they sad they are contracted to get it to the address and not the house.....so broken boxes and waterlogged surprises for all.......

tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx
    Few months ago UPS guy was dropping a package at my door and my wife just happened to be walking by in the buff. Needless to say I haven't had a late delivery since.

Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    The shipper is the only one that can file a complaint or claim on lost, stolen, or misdelivered packages.

The recieving party has no recourse through UPS, they won't even discuss it with anyone but the shipper.

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    UPS does an incredible job in our rural area in east Houston. The drivers address us by name, pet Jake when they arrive and even chat for a moment in spite of their hectic pace. I couldn't ask for any better service and they beat the pants off of any other delivery system!

Flash

Same here only in SA. I've had the same driver for years and I'm sure that helps. My new Fed Ex guy is good too.

Anecdotally, when I had to actually work, I had a career as a shipping manager for a few companies and over the course of two decades and thousands of FX/UPS shipments, I could count on my fingers, yes MY fingers, how many shipments I actually had damaged or misdelivered. I've never had one lost.

I call them Big Brown because of what they are full of. Worst service in east Houston area.
    I really hate FedEx and DHL's new delivery method. They deliver to a post office in the area and USPS delivers. Whole thing is on the USPS tracking number, so nothing shows "shipped" till it gets to post office.

That's strange, I always get tracking details for both FX/UPS when a company uses a "SmartPost' type of service. Tracks to "Delivered to post office" on the FX/UPS site then it switches over to USPS site for further tracking.

Few months ago UPS guy was dropping a package at my door and my wife just happened to be walking by in the buff. Needless to say I haven't had a late delivery since.

:roflfunny:

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    A few years ago I ordered a FAX machine that came UPS. There had been some flooding in the area. Guy shows up as we were leaving. This fool is standing in my drive way, water is running out of the box and the bottom is about to give way. I can see a waterline about 6" up the box and this idiot is mad that I won't sign for it. "What do you mean you don't want it" he asked obviously upset. "I didn't order the waterproof model" I replied. Her stomped off and called me an effing asshole.
    At the Baytown terminal to ship an antique handgun. Sold for $400 and wanted $400 worth of insurance. Clerk says we can't put insurance on this. Its too close to Christmas and we might lose it. He calls the supervisor of insurance who said. You don't understand UPS does not pay insurance claims, if I can't replace I won't insure it, not this time of year. I don't know that I can find another one of them guns like you got, so no insurance.
    There is no worse company than UPS except the post office.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    I've never had even one package lost or misplaced in all years I've order stuff online. And I usually have stuff arrive weekly from Amazon or other businesses. Been lucky. Had a couple run late due to weather.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    Place I used to live would mis-deliver on a regular basis. If there was something I needed by a certain date, I'd pay extra to avoid UPS. The streets were all numbered and they'd frequently deliver to the same house number, but four or five streets away.
    Where we live now is right around the corner from the Oops station. They pretty much get it right. But I HATE that shipment that gets dropped off at the Post Office. They have to drive right past my neighborhood to go from their station to the Post Office. And the Post Office here are champs at mis-deliveries. Late in the evenings you'll see people out for a walk carrying mail. It's a small neighborhood so people walk around and drop it in the correct mail box. Something the USPS seems inept at doing around here.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    What really pisses me off about all this is I worked @ UPS in my teens as an am preloaded. I was at the end of the belt & besides loading 3 trucks I had to take off the overweights, damaged packages & what others had missed. Way back then it paid really good money but was only part time. I would of had to go another year before I could even think about being a driver. If I would of put 20 years in (17 more @ the time) I would of retired a millionaire.

Years down the road my dad became friends with the mechanic that was @ UPS when I worked there. The shit that old man would give me about leaving was massive.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    What really pisses me off about all this is I worked @ UPS in my teens as an am preloaded. I was at the end of the belt & besides loading 3 trucks I had to take off the overweights, damaged packages & what others had missed. Way back then it paid really good money but was only part time. I would of had to go another year before I could even think about being a driver. If I would of put 20 years in (17 more @ the time) I would of retired a millionaire.

Years down the road my dad became friends with the mechanic that was @ UPS when I worked there. The shit that old man would give me about leaving was massive.

They haven't changed much, although I was an adjunct teacher at the time and knew I wouldn't be staying too long, I worked for them about 2 years ago.

Top Bottom