• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyReb

Jun 2, 2008
    DFW area
    I just got these grips in for my wife's "Pink Lady." I already know what most of the guys think about pink guns. But, I look at it as hey, if she gets into guns, she will want to shoot and hence improving my chances for more times at the range. Of course, it's also a plus she knows how to defend herself with a firearm well too. I also posted to let a few members know about my report on my Taurus PT-1911. I have now surpassed 1,000 rds at the range with it and no problems at all. My father-in-law shoots a SW1911, and my brother-in-law shoots a Ruger P345. We all went to an outdoor gun range together a little over a month ago. I brought a spinner target along for some extra fun. Needless to say, they were all quite jealous and frustrated. Both of them have more experience with guns than I do, and my PT-1911 made me look like a pro. Now, the SW1911 was close to hitting the spinner as much as mine but still not quite there. I love this gun!
    Texas SOT

JohnnyReb

Jun 2, 2008
    DFW area
    That's great that your wife shoots a 1911. Our first time at the range with her revolver, I let her shoot my 1911. She was a bit scared of it, but maybe she'll catch on later like your wife. I only shot her revolver a few times at this particular outdoor range. It was starting to get dark out already and from 10 yards, the .38 shot well. I couldn't say the spread as we were hurried on out because of closing time. As of right now, I'd say it shoots better than our Taurus PT-111 pro millennium 9mm. Since it is just a snubnose, it won't match my 1911 though.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 4, 2008
    Yeah,it took a couple of range trip's for her to open up to the 1911.The problem she had was racking the slide.She figured it out and now love's her Colt agent I bought her for our anniversary.Give her some time,my wife also shoot's a AR now.
    scan0006.jpg

Top Bottom