• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dsukid

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Amarillo
    Hmm....I am still registered in NC...Wiskey Tango Foxtrot....

I sent the Meck. Board of Elections my voter card with the notation that I moved out of state but I show on the database as inactive.

2 parts incompetence 1 part fraud? I certainly haven't been voting in NC too.

Odiferous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Evans, Georgia
    Although I don't have a ready reference, I remember reading that last year or so the Obama Administration sent millions of dollars to Kenya to.......produce voter ID cards. It was in the news for a day or two, and then gone.

Ny700

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2014
    Although I don't have a ready reference, I remember reading that last year or so the Obama Administration sent millions of dollars to Kenya to.......produce voter ID cards. It was in the news for a day or two, and then gone.

^^^^^^this is just beyond silliness for a whole host of reasons even if you believe in the conspiracy this would be silly because of too many direct ties.

The voter ID question is always an interesting one because for the simple practicality of having a government issued ID card it also concerns the same groups as a government tracking mechanism. Personally I think the right to vote is the single most important foundational piece of our country and society and based solley on the number of men women and children who have given up their lives to protect or seek this basic right demands that we treat it with absolute respect and it is the single greatest failure of our population for those who choose not to vote. Hell show up and cast a blank ballot if you don't like the candidates. Let you voice be heard that you were there, you count, and you aren't happy about who is running. I hate that they show the % of who voted for who but not the % of who didn't vote. I think everyone 18yrs of age or older should have photo ID. I think a basic photo ID card should be nationally registered and available to get at the post office. I think it should be free of charge. I think if you have a state issued drivers license then you would not need the national photo ID card but if you do not have a drivers license then you should present either the free national photo ID or a passport. Period. Done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ny700

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2014
    Just to be clear are you attempting to compare the voter fraud that occurs in some highly under developed and third world nations to the level of voter fraud seen here in the states. The international community as a whole sinks hundreds of millions into preserving free elections. I will apologize however as I first read you statement I thought you were implying they funded keno and to produce voter ID cards illegally for Americans. The biggest problem with the voter ID laws and the reason so many stood up against them is that they are fixed through legislation just a few months or weeks before major elections. Legislation like this should be a voter initiative and it should not take place till the next major election cycle 2 years minimum to allow people the oppurtunity to get the needed ID

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Odiferous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Evans, Georgia
    Just to be clear are you attempting to compare the voter fraud that occurs in some highly under developed and third world nations to the level of voter fraud seen here in the states. The international community as a whole sinks hundreds of millions into preserving free elections. I will apologize however as I first read you statement I thought you were implying they funded keno and to produce voter ID cards illegally for Americans. The biggest problem with the voter ID laws and the reason so many stood up against them is that they are fixed through legislation just a few months or weeks before major elections. Legislation like this should be a voter initiative and it should not take place till the next major election cycle 2 years minimum to allow people the oppurtunity to get the needed ID

Fair enough...we are not the Third World. Our level of corruption pales in comparison to those places.

I will say this: The things in everyday life that require a photo ID translates into very small numbers of people not having one. Democrats literally fill up buses to get people to polls to vote, so they damn sure should be able to get them somewhere to get an ID.

panther308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Austin
    IMO, the voting system in USA has been very eroded. It says something for a group of people, to say ID limits people's ability to vote, even if the ID is for free (sent to the recipient).
    Now, that is lazy society.
    Its like me suing the state because I was too lazy to get up to get a drink of water on a hot summer, in my own house. 'They shoulda made it easier to drink, damn bastars'.

Top Bottom