Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Since the NRAAM is coming to my locale this year, I called them yesterday and re-upped my Golden Eagle status. I had let it slip since 2019 but there are perks at the NRAAM for Golden Eagles so I figured it would be worthwhile to spend the money.

I knew the regular number wasn't good for this task but I called it anyway since they can forward me to the correct place. It was amazing to hear the fundraiser (and, yes, the lady who answered the phone introduced herself both by name and as a fundraiser) read from a script trying to get me to donate more money. Didn't she realize that by asking to re-up my status, I was about to make a contribution?

After being forwarded to the Golden Eagle folks, I got the same thing, twice - once before and once after the transaction. She was pushing me to buy a Life membership for someone as a gift for the bargain price of $600. I finally got a little tired of it all and said "Y'know, I just gave y'all $250. I think that's enough of a contribution for one day. Don't you?" That seemed to shock her out of the script and she said "Yes sir, I think you're right about that." The call ended almost immediately thereafter.

I grieve for the NRA and what it has become.

Now, I've got the nomex on. Y'all feel free to flame me.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I find a lot of faults with WLP and the way the NRA has gone under his leadership. However, I strongly support the cause and I believe that the membership is made up of extremely good people. We need the organization because nothing else at a national level can have the impact that the NRA has. I'll keep supporting change and hoping that it can return to the quality that it once had.

ST5MF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I have been an NRA Life Member since 2012, with that being said.. the best thing we can do is spend our disposable income on GUNS, AMMO, ACCESSORIES, and anything/everything associated with firearms and let the lobbyist do the fighting. The DC Swamp answers to one thing and one thing only- MONEY.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    Prodding the NRA.jpg

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    My cousin is a membership telemarketer for NRA. She hears the WLP bitching every day. What she tells people is simply this: Regardless of your frustration, the NRA is still the largest and most politically powerful lobby for the 2nd Amendment. A lot of people - including those inside the NRA - are fed up with Wayne and his cabal. You can choose to abandon the organization, which only stands to help our common enemy, or you can choose to be an active member who pushes to elect better people into controlling positions.

Haystack

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Edom, TX
    My cousin is a membership telemarketer for NRA. She hears the WLP bitching every day. What she tells people is simply this: Regardless of your frustration, the NRA is still the largest and most politically powerful lobby for the 2nd Amendment. A lot of people - including those inside the NRA - are fed up with Wayne and his cabal. You can choose to abandon the organization, which only stands to help our common enemy, or you can choose to be an active member who pushes to elect better people into controlling positions.

WLP didn't hold on to his position without lots of support within the NRA. They either believe him, or they are also corrupt.

Top Bottom