• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    >

We need a new "forum" for the NRA and its current difficulties.

The foment to replace Wayne LaPierre will continue until this issue is resolved in favor of the NRA MEMBERSHIP !

As a "Life Member" of both TSRA and NRA, I have never had the slightest problem with our volunteers who run the Texas outfit.

But, LaPierre has ensconed himself in a fortified position, insulated from membership discontent, and must be removed for the long-term good of our NRA.

His hand-picked "nominating committee" has nullified any "democratic input" into the NRA by the actual dues-paying members.

The latest to lock horns with LaPierre was our Guy, Colonel Allen West.

Best immediate action is for us all to stop sending any money to the NRA until LaPierre is GONE !

The owners of this site should give us a separate forum to discuss these important issues here on TGT.

leVieux
    Lynx Defense

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Pepe LaPew le stinker.
    Too much democrat input is just another problem for The Leader of the pack

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    My wife got a call last week telling her that her membership was due for renewal. She pointed out that she had a life membership. They immediately switched to the next script, asking her to...upgrade. She told them that as long as Wayne LaPierre was being paid by the NRA, she would not give them a dime. They hung up before she could complete the sentence.

I have had my own face to face meetings with that clown, and consider him to be the human equivalent of a slime eel.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My wife got a call last week telling her that her membership was due for renewal. She pointed out that she had a life membership. They immediately switched to the next script, asking her to...upgrade. She told them that as long as Wayne LaPierre was being paid by the NRA, she would not give them a dime. They hung up before she could complete the sentence.

I have had my own face to face meetings with that clown, and consider him to be the human equivalent of a slime eel.

The real problem with "Little Wayne" is his unassailable position via the "Nominating Committee," which resulted from his win over Knox years ago. Were he in a real member-dependent elective position, he would have been gone a while back.

Sadly, Heston missed his chance to oust LaPierre, and Reagan was too occupied with more serious national issues. Seems the ONLY one to stand-up to Wayne lately was Colonel West.

We must support Allen West ! IDK that he has the "gravitas" to oust Wayne, but he could be our leader.

Meanwhile, what I am asking for here is for the TGT owners to give us a separate TGT forum to discuss this NRA / LaPierre issue.

leVieux

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    >

WARNING!

A caveat on parallel topic:

Never donate to anyone who calls you. These are paid fundraisers who get 50% of all money, and their 50% comes out first.

I found this out the very hard way.

If you wish to donate to any charity, etc, hang-up, look their contact info up, call them directly, and donate. That way they will get 100%.

leVieux

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I've emailed them stating I was ready to upgrade my life membership as soon as La Pierre was gone. That was a couple of months ago.

No word back yet.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    MowingManiac,

He had agreed to show up at a state-level shooting expo and give a speech. Part of the deal was a full fare, first class airline ticket. He changed the dates on the ticket and showed up an hour before closing the last day (instead of on the day before, as per the deal), and talked to the senior staff only. One of the questions that came up was the recent attempt by the NRA to raise money by sending a "signature required"...fundraising envelope. LaPierre told us all with a straight face that the NRA was not in the "gun rights" business, but in the "fundraising" business and that business was good. The conversation went downhill from there, including the phrase "slick haired snake oil salesman."

I have spent time talking to truly horrible people..including the racist asshole Jessie Jackson...and Wayne was the most disgusting slime eel pretending to be a human being that I have yet encountered.

Top Bottom