• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So, maybe approach it from the bottom? I believe that each state has NRA representatives; maybe some of you know them? What if a few members said "we'd like to hold a little town hall and give you some of our concerns on where this ship is headed. We'd like you to pass it up the chain." Maybe they can ask their counterparts in other states to do the same? The BoD must be able to dictate who's at the top. Maybe they are a big part of the problem; I honestly don't know. But if nothing else, maybe get the dialogue going. It could be a start. If they WON'T do it, then you start trying to get them replaced.

No, LaPierre has indicated by his actions that he has no intention of giving up his illicit power.

The ONLY option I see is to completely de-fund the entire NRA until Wayne leaves.

leVieux

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll send it up through channels but you should know that us mods are, for this sort of request, powerless. Also, the owners of TGT, AFAIK, would never see your request posted here.

The proper way to ask for this (the way to speak directly to the right folks) is to hit the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of every page, assuming you're using the web interface. Even though I'm helping send up your request, I strongly suggest you do that, too.

Thank you. I did.

leVieux

rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    I have donated and spent money at our local NRA ILA auctions and events over the years. After writing letters to several NRA boar members, I also spoke with and wrote a letter to our local ILA director, with an attachment for the national director.

I simply explained that at this point, regardless of lapierre's real or reputed culpability, his involvement has brought discredit and dishonor to our organizations.... among other things... and he needs to step down and walk away. Until that happens, I won't participate in any more NRA or NRA ILA fundraising or donations. I am keeping my basic membership active, so that I can vote for board members, but that's it.

Our local director and I have had several long and almost heated conversations about this, but I'm not back tracking until/unless lapierre is out.

I'm not connected politically or anything, but I also put in my letter and explained to our local guy that I have already, and will continue to talk to everyone I know who are gun people about this and encourage them to do the same. I've talked with a bunch of local ranchers, normally they all donate and go to the ILA functions, but they won't this year.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have donated and spent money at our local NRA ILA auctions and events over the years. After writing letters to several NRA boar members, I also spoke with and wrote a letter to our local ILA director, with an attachment for the national director.

I simply explained that at this point, regardless of lapierre's real or reputed culpability, his involvement has brought discredit and dishonor to our organizations.... among other things... and he needs to step down and walk away. Until that happens, I won't participate in any more NRA or NRA ILA fundraising or donations. I am keeping my basic membership active, so that I can vote for board members, but that's it.

Our local director and I have had several long and almost heated conversations about this, but I'm not back tracking until/unless lapierre is out.

I'm not connected politically or anything, but I also put in my letter and explained to our local guy that I have already, and will continue to talk to everyone I know who are gun people about this and encourage them to do the same. I've talked with a bunch of local ranchers, normally they all donate and go to the ILA functions, but they won't this year.

Well put; and, "The fat lady has sung!" for me and for many !

Wayne, Please just Go Away before you cause more damage !

Thanks,
    leVieux

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Save the Second sounds good on paper. Hoping Ben comments on it to see if he knows any insider or other important stuff before I sign.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Now that we are seeing Trump possibly turning on us, we desperately need OUR NRA. Wayne is killing our 2A by not departing so that those remaining could put up an effective fight.

Let Col Allen West or Tom Selleck take over before it is TOO LATE !

leVieux

Top Bottom