• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Many years ago I was invited to hunt a ranch in Whitedeer, Texas or there about. On the drive in we seen the roadside warning signs, but didn't sees fires or smell smoke. After a great weekend we packed up & headed home. It was pretty bad on the way home but really wasn't any oh phuc moments.

A couple days latter were hear that the ranch got hit really hard. The good news is that ranch is stupid with water & has a fire suppression system that works

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    Last year, Medina County had a wildfire that burned about 1000 acres. Was about 1.5 miles from my home but the wind was never going to carry it in our direction.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Last year, Medina County had a wildfire that burned about 1000 acres. Was about 1.5 miles from my home but the wind was never going to carry it in our direction.
    Heh. We got turned back by that one. There was a barrier at the entry to the county road, but it was pulled off to the side so we gave it a go. About three miles in, we came up on the crew fighting it. "Road closed". Backtracked and took 471 to 211 to 16 instead.
    We saw the damage a few days later. Widespread, and in thick brush...would have been hard to fight.

Top Bottom