• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I bought a North American Arms .22 LR Revolver as part of a package deal on 5 firearms.
    I see that the little gun can be bought as a black powder .22. (Companion)

I want to know if the revolver frames are the same for the .22 LR and the .22 BP cylinders.
    Can I buy a BP cylinder and swap between the two??

That would be an interesting thing to have.

bob
    Target Sports

Last edited:

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    https://northamericanarms.com/product-category/firearms/cap-ball/

The NAA Companion is a percussion (cap & ball) .22 caliber five shot revolver, engineered by the legendary gun designer, Dick Casull. The Companion uses a #11 Percussion Cap and FFFFH or Pyrodex powder. As with NAA’s other Mini-Revolvers, the Companion employs the same precision design. The Companion is made in America, utilizing surgical-quality stainless steel. The Companion is compatible with the grips, holsters and other accessories for the NAA .22 LR Mini-Revolver. The Super Companion is compatible with the grips, holsters and other accessories for the NAA .22 Magnum Mini-Revolver. Both models use .22 Caliber Cap & Ball bullets, available from NAA

bob

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    You're probably correct about the cylinder being 'just different enough' to not fit the frame.
    I'm ALMOST tempted to buy a BP cylinder from eBay to see if that is the case. Maybe the hammer is different for the center fire #11 cap.

The revolver was purchased new in the 1990s and I have the original box and paperwork/receipt.
    I only have a hundred in the revolver but it can get way too expensive to experiment.

bob

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I have the .22 mag long barrel version. Love it. Surprisingly accurate for a tiny pistol. A .22 BP to match would be really nice.

from an idjit coffeeholic

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    Why buy a compact car when you can drive an ELDORADO????????
    Why have .38 special when you can have .357 MAGNUM?????
    Why .223 when .308 is available??
    WHY?????????????????????????????????????

BECAUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bob

BooCocky

Brown Button Glutton
    Mar 11, 2017
    South Texas
    I have one. It’a smooth bore, no rifling. If
    You’re not going to use it for BP might as well sell it to someone who will. I like mine. It’s inaccurate as hell but a neat little gun nonetheless. When you run out of bullets get some #4 buck.

Attachments

• E6DE027C-C8BA-4755-A27E-98F2AD4B09F3.jpeg
      E6DE027C-C8BA-4755-A27E-98F2AD4B09F3.jpeg
      330.5 KB · Views: 123

BooCocky

Brown Button Glutton
    Mar 11, 2017
    South Texas
    Oh wait you want the BP cylinder. I’m not sure you can buy it. Plus you would need to purchase the loading tool. You should just sell it and buy the BP. Buds sells them, click on make offer and put in $59. They will reply with the lowest offer they will accept.

BooCocky

Brown Button Glutton
    Mar 11, 2017
    South Texas
    Sorry, I just seen this reply. I’m currently up in Belton in a Hotel. When I get back home I’d be more than happy to measure it for you. I believe it’s the LR but I’m not sure. I’ll confirm that as well.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    Sorry, I just seen this reply. I’m currently up in Belton in a Hotel. When I get back home I’d be more than happy to measure it for you. I believe it’s the LR but I’m not sure. I’ll confirm that as well.

I just watched an episode of DAYTRIPPER on PBS with Chet Garner on his visit to BELTON.
    I need to visit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bob

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I certainly don't get out much. Once every week or two I go the the big city of Decatur. There is a Walmart there. I work at my repair shop here on my property so I walk to work.
    People call me a hermit. I don't mind, I LIKE ME!!!!!

bob

Top Bottom