• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paul5388

Feb 17, 2013
    Rusk County
    I bought one today just to get something that won't pull my pants off! It looks sorta like this one and only weighs 6.7 ounces.
    pop_wm_5334700.jpg

The NAA .380 Guardian I have is larger and weighs 18 ounces loaded. That puts a strain on my galluses this new one won't participate in. Just remember, you can't put a belt on a funnel. :D
    ARJ Defense ad

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I has the same gun (in .22 mag only). I love it and it goes with me everywhere.

As long as you understand it's limits it is a fine carry piece.

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Feb 25, 2013
    i have a little feedom arms (forerunner of NAA) .22 mini.. this is the 1" bbl model that will go in a belt buckle holster.. Don't have the belt buckle, but i've had the little mini derringer for close to 30 years, and it's a sweetheart.. as someone said it's imperative that you don't try to make it something it's not, but if you except the pistols limitations its a fun little gun and easy to reload (5 rounds) , i use a two handed grip, it takes a lot of experimenting but worth it.. yes it can group.. i normally make jokes about it's weight, and shooting ability.. fact is if you hold with one hand and use the other to operate the hammer and trigger you can get it to actually group out to 7 yds.. and yes if you carry it all the time, which of course is advantage one of the little guy, you will forget and take it through the washer twice a year.. time to clean and oil.. i love mine, and boy is it loud.. which might be it's saving grace as a defensive piece..

txbikerman

TGT Addict
    Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    I have a 22 mag derringer i have had for 30 years. Not very accurate. But fun nonetheless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Paul5388

Feb 17, 2013
    Rusk County
    I also have a Cobra .38 Special Derringer, but it doesn't hold enough rounds and I just bought a 525 round brick of Remington Golden bullets ($25.99). Since this NAA also has a .22 LR cylinder, I thought it was ideal for the task. I had a Freedom Arms .22LR 30 years ago, but it split my thumb nail while shooting, so I sold it for $100.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I've had several of those over the years in LR and Magnum and swapped them off. The Mag model I have now isn't going anywhere! I really like the little pistols.

Flash

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    I have the 22lr and the 22 mag. I could not hold on to the mag until I put the folding handle/trigger guard. Good for about 18" but very convenient to throw in the pocket. It gets carried the most for me.

PICT9970.jpg

Last edited:

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I've LONG been fascinated by derringers and more recently by the mini-revolver. Problem with the latter is the grip(s) are so small, I couldn't manipulate the gun one-handed. NAA's Black Widow grip solved the problem for me.

See 1st picture in link:
    http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/handguns/42678-yet-another-hand-cannon.html

:clown: :beat:

The trick is this: If you are right handed, use your right thumb and forefinger to grip the gun. Pull the trigger with your left index finger.

Paul5388

Feb 17, 2013
    Rusk County
    I shot a viper out of it today and I don't think it's as uncontrollable as the Freedom Arms I had in the early 80s. Having the magnum frame may make some difference.

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Feb 27, 2009
    I used to carry this .22 Magnum Mini 25 years ago. Not very accurate with it beyond 10'. Am going to order a square butt boot grip so as to get a better handle on the tiny thing. It's got a damn loud muzzle blast.
    GregoryBirthday2011014.jpg

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    As a young man, I worked at the famous Bell's Gun Shop in Chicago. They had an indoor range so I got to see lots of different guns and shooters in action. One day, a guy was shooting something that blew a HUGE fireball out the front! It turned out to be a Hi Standard 2 barrel derringer in 22 magnum.

Flash

Top Bottom