Join TexasGunTalk

NAACP shares blame for the Florida shooting.

Discussion in 'Gun Legislation' started by Professor Badger, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Ole Cowboy

Ole Cowboy TGT Addict

May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    She was the "The former Johnnie Raye McMillian"

I read the entire thing and yes it was comical, all I saw was someone who rode the Affirmative Action Train all their life and every award she go was for being black. I have hired a LOT of people over my several careers spanning over 50 years and I have learned to read resumes and her would not get her a job as a cleaning lady...

Kar98 likes this.
  2. Kar98

Kar98 TGT Addict

Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Poor ole Johnny Raye... (there, now you've got that song stuck in your head for the rest of the day)

Every paragraph was a punch line, I seriously had to make double check it wasn't a satire site.

3. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    I'm watching CNN and MSNBC and waiting to see this story break.

Still waiting...

4. Younggun

Younggun Doer of Deeds TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I ask again.

What did he do that would have prevented him from purchasing a firearm? How did this policy prevent it from being reported?

5. Kar98

Kar98 TGT Addict

Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
  6. Professor Badger

Professor Badger New Member

Mar 1, 2016
    I found it by myself.

7. Professor Badger

Professor Badger New Member

Mar 1, 2016
    We know the police came 39 times in 7 years to his house. His records of offenses as a juvenile are not available. But supposedly he was guilty of domestic abuse, stealing mail, animal abuse and throwing rocks at cars for starters. Stealing mail is a felony.
    He should have been in jail.
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/16/us/florida-shooter-cruz-records-police-calls-to-home-invs/index.html

8. JeepFiend

JeepFiend Member

Jan 15, 2017
    Bryan, TX
    Well it's second hand information, but my understanding is that he had several instagram posts regarding his killing of animals that I gather to not be hunting related, and pursuant to Florida law, that can be considered a felony.

(2) A person who intentionally commits an act to any animal, or a person who owns or has the custody or control of any animal and fails to act, which results in the cruel death, or excessive or repeated infliction of unnecessary pain or suffering, or causes the same to be done, commits aggravated animal cruelty, a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or by a fine of not more than $10,000, or both.

9. Younggun

Younggun Doer of Deeds TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

What do those events have to do with school discipline?

I'm fine with pointing out issues, but on the surface this doesn't seem to cover the issues listed as they appear to have taken place at home or outside of school.

I also prefer school kids not getting criminal records for general stupidity, 95% of which is part of being a boy. You will never throw abbey for the crazies that wound end up screwing over a very large number of typical male adolescents. Likely more typical adolescents would be caught up in the mess than those who need to be caught.

How many you men should lose their rights before they are mature enough to know what they mean?

roadrunner likes this.
  10. JeepFiend

JeepFiend Member

Jan 15, 2017
    Bryan, TX
    "The collaborative agreement establishes proven alternatives to arrest for misdemeanor infractions by students that include common sense approaches such as counseling and mentorship."

I didn't read that as the crime having to be committed at school. I read it as a student committing a crime...period. So I felt overlooking multiple acts of criminal behavior still relevant to the OP.

And I think having the cops called on you say 1-2 times a year for seven years in a row, is probably sufficient to suggest you've got some serious enough issues to mandate court ordered institutionalization, whether it's incarceration or court ordered mental treatment. By the time you hit 39 times, you've made public threats, you've publicly displayed criminal activity, etc. I'd say the bar is well surpassed. But that's just my opinion.