Patriot Mobile

NAACP shares blame for the Florida shooting.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    "The collaborative agreement establishes proven alternatives to arrest for misdemeanor infractions by students that include common sense approaches such as counseling and mentorship."

It does go on to say they also worked the deal with law enforcement.

I read it incorrectly.
    ARJ Defense ad

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    We know the police came 39 times in 7 years to his house. His records of offenses as a juvenile are not available. But supposedly he was guilty of domestic abuse, stealing mail, animal abuse and throwing rocks at cars for starters. Stealing mail is a felony.
    He should have been in jail.
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/16/us/florida-shooter-cruz-records-police-calls-to-home-invs/index.html

It's a felony ONLY if caught, arrested, prosecuted, and found guilty.

Read the book Three Felonies a Day. Almost any professional has at one time or another committed a felony.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I’m pretty sure St. Peter will be holding me up at the Pearly Gates - with “just a few” questions I’ll need to be answering!

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I haven't been following the Florida threads very closely.

What crime had been committed which should have prevented the purchase of a firearm?
    IF the guy had been arrested after having brought cartridges into the school in the past, or been placed into juvenile detention for any number of other prior "problems", it's likely he would have become a prohibited person by the time he was old enough to actually step up to the counter to fill out a 4473. Furthermore, IF the Feds or local LE had followed-up on the numerous prior complaints/tips about this kid, he'd have likely been seen for what he was sooner rather than later--later being after he had ended 17 young lives.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Misdemeanors don't preclude firearms ownership or purchase.
    They can--depends upon the misdemeanors. Also, some of the things he's accused of having done in the past would have made him someone who could be found to be "mentally disturbed" and not able to purchase.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    What do those events have to do with school discipline?

I'm fine with pointing out issues, but on the surface this doesn't seem to cover the issues listed as they appear to have taken place at home or outside of school.

I also prefer school kids not getting criminal records for general stupidity, 95% of which is part of being a boy. You will never throw abbey for the crazies that wound end up screwing over a very large number of typical male adolescents. Likely more typical adolescents would be caught up in the mess than those who need to be caught.

How many you men should lose their rights before they are mature enough to know what they mean?
    He
    brought
    bullets (loaded cartridges)
    to
    school
    in
    a
    previous
    incident.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    "

And I think having the cops called on you say 1-2 times a year for seven years in a row, is probably sufficient to suggest you've got some serious enough issues to mandate court ordered institutionalization, whether it's incarceration or court ordered mental treatment. By the time you hit 39 times, you've made public threats, you've publicly displayed criminal activity, etc. I'd say the bar is well surpassed. But that's just my opinion.

Once or twice a year? I've lived in apartments where some people get PD visits 2 or 3 times A NIGHT and that's not saying anything about the rest of the week.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Ummmmm. He made violent threats towards his school mates did he not? He brought loaded ammunition to campus did he not? He was banned from carrying a backpack on campus -Why?

Whether he benefited from this idiotic agreement needs to be determined. If he did and those kids died because of some idiotic feel good agreement those who made the agreement need to pay out the nose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom