Name 3 Favorite Texas Companies

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by Texas1911, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Name 3 favorite firearms related Texas companies you support. Whether it's ammo, guns, ranges, or training.

Just the names.

2. Cyfer

Cyfer Active Member

May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
  3. Hickory Shampoo

Hickory Shampoo New Member

Nov 20, 2008
    Cypress
    High Standard Firearms - manufacturer of my AR

Hot Wells Shooting Range - can hear the popping from my back yard on a clear, cold day

Jim Pruett's Guns & Ammo - closest shop to the house and they haven't talked down to me for asking questions

4. Texan2

Texan2 TGT Addict

Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
  5. Jeff-Tex

Jeff-Tex Member

Oct 27, 2008
    Mesquite
  6. metalbot

metalbot New Member

Dec 10, 2008
  7. hoytinak

hoytinak Active Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    It's sad to say but I can't find one good firearms related place up here around Amarillo. The only two indoor ranges are not takin care of and always trashed, ammo and guns themselves are very lacking and if you do find what you want it's at least $100 more than I could find online plus they have crappy service, as far as training I haven't found anything around here worthwhile and the closest class III dealer I could find for my suppressor is about 5 hours away. Yall have it so good as far as firearms stuff down there. :(

8. TXTacticalSource

TXTacticalSource Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Shiloh Shooting Range
    STI International

9. brickboy240

brickboy240 Active Member

May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    El Paso Saddlery!

A 100 year old company that makes some of the finest gunleather you'll ever see. Not the least expensive...but not overly pricey, when you consider you're getting a handmade holster constructed in a traditional way.

They made holsters for Texas Rangers, General Patton and I believe Pancho Villa visited their factory. Many of their designs are over 100 years old.

Everyone should own one really nice holster...El Paso Saddlery makes such a holster.

- brickboy240

10. Texan2

Texan2 TGT Addict

Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    So does the Texas Dept. of Criminal Justice-
    We order leather goods from them regularly and I am always amazed at how good a product prisoners make. Most prisons have a full service leather and metal shop.
    Great prices too! If you know a cop in your area, ask him if he ever orders from the prisons...you can piggy back his order.
    We send them a picture of what we want or just simply draw it on paper and they have rarely disappointed...