Capitol Armory ad

Name something you aint had to eat in a long time, but like to eat.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/9456/sauerkraut-salad/
    I ate this a lot growing up. Neighbor lady gave us some but she had a different name on it years ago. Wife had it which was fine by me as it was more for me. Havent had it since & I don't know why because it easy to make.

Pickled red onions is another one. Great on sammiches or as a topper on pork. They can make a shitty meal better!

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Tri tip sandwich from Firestone Grill in San Luis Obispo, CA and Fish & Chips from Splash Cafe in Pismo Beach, CA. Been about 8 years I think since I was there.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Apfelstrudel like my great-grandmother made. A friend's mother also made it and every now and then made an extra one just for me. I have made it myself, found a great cookbook and it had essentially the same recipe. Then again, I have not made it in many years, probably since the early or mid 1990s. That was when my wife complained I had made too much of a mess even when I cleaned it all up and I just about stopped baking altogether except for an apple pie, apple turnovers and the world's best chocolate brownies now and then (pretty much a chocolate fudge center).

It is a lot of work to make an authentic apfelstrudel but damn the results are one of the best things I have ever eaten in all of my life. One pound of butter in it can make it heavenly, more ways than one, for some! If I ever find the right apples here (McIntosh), I may just have to go back to baking them again.

Last edited:

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    We fixed some fried taters with onions a few months. Our youngest daughter and her husband were over and she asked why we never fixed these when she lived with us. We joked how growing up poor, both our families probably made them twice a week. Now she wants them constantly.

- Sausage stuffed jalapenos from a BBQ joint that closed around 1985 and I've never found since.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    The finest meal in my 50 plus years of walking this earth was King Salmon I caught and grilled on the Kenai River in Alaska and today is 2 weeks shy of a year ago since I had it
    Resized_20190521_192354.jpeg

There is no resturant that I know of that can reproduce that.

Attachments

• Resized_20190521_192354.jpeg
      Resized_20190521_192354.jpeg
      905.1 KB · Views: 291

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Fried flounder.
    Im sure there are good stuff places near the coast but good luck finding it around me now. That stuff was everywhere growing up in the Carolinas.

Haven’t had salmon cakes in forever, it’s even been a few years since I’ve had salmon.

ETA: Vmax post wasn’t there when I started typing. Funny there are two comments about salmon back to back.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Pizza
    Donuts
    Grilled cheese sandwich
    pastrami sandwich
    Potatoes Fried mashed or however even french fried :)
    Pasta
    Ice Cream
    Ruffles Sour cream chips.

Top Bottom