Patriot Mobile

Names of EBT (welfare) cards of different states! Choose the most dishonest name.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I do believe in welfare. I think it's good and right to help the down and out, orphans, the elderly, widows and people who are struggling. Most of us know how much these welfare (EBT) cards are abused though, so they are worthy of mocking.

I HATE the names they try to connect with state pride. You should not be proud to be hammering groceries on your .gov card while I'm paying for mine with coins that I cashed in.

http://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/roll-out/state-chart.pdf

Alaska Quest: Quest for what? More benefits or a job?

FL: Benefit Security Card. There shouldn't be security in poverty folks.

NJ: Families First Card. Ha! How much money does the government spend trying to actually hold families together vs encouraging them to split up?

I won't use up all of the cards here folks, there's about 10 other completely abhorrently named cards on the list.
    Guns International

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    They've (.gov) gone and stripped the stigma away from it, as they have for many problems that plague the poor. The plan being to enslave an entire segment of the population to rely and vote on and for them.

I still call it food stamps!! Younger people look at me and have no idea what I'm talking about. :D

When I was growing up (80's), it was not something you talked about having if you did. I am positive I had a couple of friends who's parents received them to supplement the families income, btw, I never remember any of those parents not working and they certainly didn't make it their core or sole income in anyway.

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    +1 SP, I almost started a whole soap box paragraph on this subject but I'll just say this much. We should help out those that truly need help, Lord knows any one of us could fall on hard times and could use a helping hand. There are times when you just gotta put your pride aside and do what you gotta do to get back on your feet. In my family that would be finding extra work and cutting expenses to the bare minimum before accepting a hand out but like I said before ya gotta do what ya gotta do. However, we now have a whole new generation that is solely dependent upon the welfare system as their income, and they're damn proud of it. Screw us working stiffs with our self reliant attitude and accountability, our pride of responsibility and motivation to better ourselves. They don't work because there are people like me working for them, so why should they! I'll tell ya this country is in great need of an overhaul and all these freaking gov. Programs are past due for reform. I need a cold beer....

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Names of EBT (welfare) cards of different states! Choose the most dishonest n...

+1 SP, I almost started a whole soap box paragraph on this subject but I'll just say this much. We should help out those that truly need help, Lord knows any one of us could fall on hard times and could use a helping hand. There are times when you just gotta put your pride aside and do what you gotta do to get back on your feet. In my family that would be finding extra work and cutting expenses to the bare minimum before accepting a hand out but like I said before ya gotta do what ya gotta do. However, we now have a whole new generation that is solely dependent upon the welfare system as their income, and they're damn proud of it. Screw us working stiffs with our self reliant attitude and accountability, our pride of responsibility and motivation to better ourselves. They don't work because there are people like me working for them, so why should they! I'll tell ya this country is in great need of an overhaul and all these freaking gov. Programs are past due for reform. I need a cold beer....

I had a WIC card at one time. It was embarrassing as hell going to the grocery store but my little girl had to eat. I was working 6 days a week and looking for something better driving a POS truck and living in a trailer house that was falling apart. We rolled change to buy her coloring books for Christmas that year and crayons. It was tough and it was a Terri LE feeling not being able to give her more, or even buy her food myself.

I will never understand how people came choose to depend on those things but will never look down on someone fighting to keep their family fed and better their self.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Unfortunately, the families that get assistance temporarily seem to be in the minority. No shame in admitting you need some help. There are so many families out there who just hammer welfare and disability, one generation after the next. Really crushes a persons spirit.

Texas Lone Star card ticks me off too. The fact that you can get cash out of most of these cards really blows my stack.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Names of EBT (welfare) cards of different states! Choose the most dishonest n...

I've got guys at work that were floored when I told them I wouldn't accept any kind of food stamps if offered.

They tell me I'm the only one like that, everyone else would. I tell them they think that but someday when this circus comes crashing down they will figure out there are a lot if pissed off people sick of paying for the lazy.

I have to go now, blood pressure is rising and I feel a rant coming on.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I can understand how ALL of You feel. Years ago, in a different life, I had food stamps. Divorced, 2 kids, 3&5, fighting in 5 courts in 2 states an 2 dhs offices to get the third kid from a foster home my ex stuck him in. Worked three jobs snd took whatever I could get. Worst part was, once I got him back and tried to get where I could support them all, if I was honest, lost 3 times more than I made and reported. Thry design them so that once on, it is hard to get off, so you do depend on them. Sometimes the only way is luck or suffer. I got lucky. Sorta. Also saw alot of people that needed them and deserved them get turned down, mostly from being overly honest. No shame in asking for help when you need it, but it sucks to watch people with kids need it , and can't get it cause they are honest. Kids are grown and been off since the youngest was 16, and damn glad I am.
    Sometimes, I try to help someone that does deserve it, just shake my head at the ones I know dont, just want to get over. If the Gov is going to gie it away, it may as well at least go to one that is really in need. But I always warn then, it is harder to get off, than on.

Last edited:

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Pretty sure that video will just make me angry, like when I saw the sign on the window of the local take out pizza place "Lonestar Card accepted here!"

Really poor people? You need a $15 pizza when you could get one at HEB for $5...or a 20 pound bag of rice for $15.

It's immoral. I know people say it would cost too much, but I'd rather see a truck show up to people's houses and drop off a box of basic food once a week because most (not all) poor people don't make good, smart or ethical spending decisions.

TwinGlocks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Houston
    You can blame the fast food industry for lobbying for the ability to accept public assistance, but yeah I agree. I was never a fan on monetary handouts, just give the needy what they actually need.

The video's actually kind of funny. I got good laugh out of it.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I believe its the Dept of Ag that administers the food assistance programs. I dont know how much room states have to run it as they see fit? I knew someone who grew up in genuine poverty a long time ago. That kind of poverty where you dont have indoor plumbing, even a junker car, raise a vegetable garden and rabbits and chickens for meat...in town! He told me someone from the county used to come by with food occssionally. This same guy then made a lot of money later in life.

Something to be said about actually struggling, makes you determined to get out of it, versus being given just enough to comfortably get by. I dont know how from the outside looking in, that its not planned to really break people and families down.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen

They penalize you more for reporting extra income and for every $1 you report you are likely to lose $3. Makes it harder go get ahead or get off them. Plus if you report income you can not prove, you could lose all benefits, even $5. No incentive for honesty.

Sent from my iPhone by a coffeeholic

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock

Benefit Security Card - BS card for short.

You know you're in deep doo doo when the government can be proud of adding x million people to the dole.

Still can't figure out why the can be used for cash. Like really the looser with the meth dissolved teeth and litter of bastard children is going to use the cash to feed the kids instead of her habit.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    In high school, I took a liking to a girl in my English class. Asked her out for a date. When I arrived to pick her up, I met her father. He asked me where I got the car with four good tires, and if I lived in the same trailer park. "No, Sir, my father let me borrow his work car for this date, and no, Sir, I don't live here."

The girl's father then told me to scram, that he didn't want people like me dating his daughter.

Later at school, the girl told me her family lived in a Section 8 rented trailer, and used food stamps and her father was mad that a "boy" had enough money to take her out for dinner at a restaurant.

I let that keeper go, and regret it ever since.

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    Hey Shortround, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it there partner. Though I often wonder how some people can drop $$$$ on B.S. without bating an eye I definitely don't hold a grudge against them for doing so. All that does is give me more of an incentive to better myself. If I regretted every mistake I made in my life I TRUELY would be in a bad place, live and learn my friend, all you can do is keep on keeping on. Forget the past, live in the present, and prepare for the future. I too once was in the same situation as you, things didn't work out (though I wish they had) but you gotta live your own life.

Top Bottom