• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Anybody know offhand at what age the shooter started transitioning?

From what I read, the shooter only recently wanted to be referred to by a different gender pronoun...

She (yes, I will continue to use that pronoun!) had been despondent over the loss of a former classmate and fellow basketball player who died in a traffic accident last August and which Hale became infatuated over. Allegedly, she had a "crush" on her.

Hale also had childlike tendencies and regularly dressed as she did on the day of the shooting, in a “quirky, ’90s style” of baggy, mixed-matched clothes wearing a ball cap.

There are claims her trans identity caused friction with her devout Christian parents who banned her from dressing as a male in their suburban Nashville home.

She was known for “venting” on social media and was posting a lot about depression in the past couple of weeks.

There were obviously long term mental health issues with this person that went unaddressed. It appeared the loss of her friend was the catalyst for the attack, although there are no indications the woman who died in the traffic accident was transgender or a bisexual/lesbian.

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    I had kept track of whatever the press reported about these school shooters, mall shooters, etc... and EVERY one of the ones I could research were either taking, or had just gotten off of one form or another of these psychotropic drugs.

That's a hell of a coincidence.... in the aftermath, everyone questioned "I wonder why these shootings are happening, they never have happened before"....

As a technician, when something goes wacky (technical term) that has previously been running normally, the FIRST question is "what has changed?"

So if kids are assumed to be at a semi-standard level of "normal", but then some of them go shoot up a school for no apparent reason.... what has changed?

If you have ONE condition that is common to all of them, don't you think it at LEAST deserves some investigation?

No, not every kid that takes these drugs goes wacky..... but if ALL the kids that HAVE gone wacky were users of these drugs.... you should not just write that off....

but, money talks....

Coincidences are called coincidences for a reason.

What has changed? What hasn't changed is a much better question. Your coincidental summary is still not causative. There are other correlations as I noted.

However, I took a look at this study on the matter of mass shootings and this was really interesting...

"Mental Health. Mental health variables are not mutually exclusive, and many
    perpetrators fell into multiple categories. Among perpetrators in the database, sources indicate
    that 19.8% had a history of previous hospitalization for psychiatric reasons, 29.1% had a history
    of counseling, and 23.3% had a known history of taking psychiatric medication (comparable to
    rates among the U.S. general population; Moore & Mattison, 2017
    ). In terms of diagnosis, 15.7%
    showed evidence of a mood disorder diagnosis, 6.4% showed evidence of an autism spectrum
    disorder diagnosis, and 26.7% showed evidence of a psychotic disorder diagnosis (compared to
    1% of the general population). The data indicate that symptoms of psychosis played no
    motivating role in 69% of cases, a small role in 11% of cases, a significant role in 8.7% of cases,
    and psychosis played a primary role in another 10.5% of cases. If hospitalization, counseling,
    psychiatric medication, and previous diagnosis are combined, 58.7% of perpetrators had a mental
    health history, somewhat higher than general population levels (Kessler, Bergulund & Demler,
    2005)."

You know something else they found, 97.7% of the mass shooters were male.

This study from 2000-2017 specifically noted that most school shooters were NOT previously treated with psychotropic medications.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    By the way, the officer with the LPVO and offset red dot, was a Marine. Watching the video, he takes charge calling for three, then emphasizes three when less than that quickly get to his position. He takes charge, pushes forward and executes the mission. Phenomenal leadership. SEMPER FIDELIS!

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    ...as the administration and political party she represents loudly demand that our freedoms be taken away. And I'm willing to bet money she's completely unaware of the hypocrisy and irony of her words. She is the human embodiment of a deer in the headlights.
    I want Peppermint Patty back as spox

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    Coincidences are called coincidences for a reason.

What has changed? What hasn't changed is a much better question. Your coincidental summary is still not causative. There are other correlations as I noted.

However, I took a look at this study on the matter of mass shootings and this was really interesting...

"Mental Health. Mental health variables are not mutually exclusive, and many
    perpetrators fell into multiple categories. Among perpetrators in the database, sources indicate
    that 19.8% had a history of previous hospitalization for psychiatric reasons, 29.1% had a history
    of counseling, and 23.3% had a known history of taking psychiatric medication (comparable to
    rates among the U.S. general population; Moore & Mattison, 2017
    ). In terms of diagnosis, 15.7%
    showed evidence of a mood disorder diagnosis, 6.4% showed evidence of an autism spectrum
    disorder diagnosis, and 26.7% showed evidence of a psychotic disorder diagnosis (compared to
    1% of the general population). The data indicate that symptoms of psychosis played no
    motivating role in 69% of cases, a small role in 11% of cases, a significant role in 8.7% of cases,
    and psychosis played a primary role in another 10.5% of cases. If hospitalization, counseling,
    psychiatric medication, and previous diagnosis are combined, 58.7% of perpetrators had a mental
    health history, somewhat higher than general population levels (Kessler, Bergulund & Demler,
    2005)."

You know something else they found, 97.7% of the mass shooters were male.

This study from 2000-2017 specifically noted that most school shooters were NOT previously treated with psychotropic medications.
    Wow, just wow. Keep drilling down, let us know when you reach China. You need to take a long walk backwards and quit letting the trees block your view of the forest. And then you wait until the very end to quote a "GOVERNMENT" study to buttress your argument? Hell, why didn't you also throw in whatever was said on MSNBC last night as corroborating evidence. The facts are this, if local, state, and federal officials would release information as it became available, without manipulation, and if the media would then report this information, without commentary, then this ENTIRE argument goes away and WE, as a society, could get to work at solving the problem in front of us, because we would now KNOW what needs addressing.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    …The facts are this, if local, state, and federal officials would release information as it became available, without manipulation…
    That will not happen unless you wish to forfeit due process. Due process exists to protect the accused citizen from government’s unparalleled power. That was one of the lessons learned from the Salem witch trials.

…if the media would then report this information, without commentary, then this ENTIRE argument goes away….
    That’s the entire history and business model of the fourth estate. If you don’t like their commentary, source your own original material through court filings, transcripts, and FOIA requests or find an outlet that aligns with what you want to hear.

…then this ENTIRE argument goes away and WE, as a society, could get to work at solving the problem in front of us, because we would now KNOW what needs addressing.
    Trying to get society to align on what needs addressing and how to address it is nigh on impossible because what you know needs addressing and what I know needs addressing are very unlikely to be the same thing, much less addressed in the same way.

Unless what you really mean by society is ‘those who believe the same things I do”. In that case, we’re into political beliefs, which is not unlike religions, except that instead of calling on the church to solve a problem, you’re calling on government to solve the problem, which means more and more intrusion on individual liberty and freedoms by local, state, and the federal government.

This is where I usually quote Reagan and I’m not going to, because my entire point is going to come back asking one simple question.

1. Do you trust government to solve things that you see as a problem?

In the extant case in Nashville, the problem isn’t/wasn’t mental illness. The problem was physical security. One facility, possibly the l location of the primary target, has been reported to have been assessed as being too difficult to penetrate by the threat. Another location was less secure and that weakness was exploited.

Do you trust government to solve for the physical security of certain populations?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    …Marine….Phenomenal leadership. SEMPER FIDELIS!
    Concur. A little stress innoculation goes a long way. This was not a super complex tactical problem, it was a basic combat problem. Identify and engage a hostile target. How is that done? Shoot, move, communicate.

That’s not what the rank and file LEO of any persuasion spends 12 weeks focused as a rifleman on before they learn anything else.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Trust is earned in degrees. You can base some trust on what one says, and the more one comes through with what they say, the more trust is gained. It takes awhile to gain a substantial amount of trust, but only takes a moment to lose it, and then it's harder to regain trust.

In the past I had put some trust in what the government might say, but too many moments had lost a lot of trust. In fact, the more I research the past during my life, the more I reveal that I had put too much trust in the government even then.

I now need actual favorable action to place any amount of trust from the government, and then that is hesitant.

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    I had kept track of whatever the press reported about these school shooters, mall shooters, etc... and EVERY one of the ones I could research were either taking, or had just gotten off of one form or another of these psychotropic drugs.

That's a hell of a coincidence.... in the aftermath, everyone questioned "I wonder why these shootings are happening, they never have happened before"....

As a technician, when something goes wacky (technical term) that has previously been running normally, the FIRST question is "what has changed?"

So if kids are assumed to be at a semi-standard level of "normal", but then some of them go shoot up a school for no apparent reason.... what has changed?

If you have ONE condition that is common to all of them, don't you think it at LEAST deserves some investigation?

No, not every kid that takes these drugs goes wacky..... but if ALL the kids that HAVE gone wacky were users of these drugs.... you should not just write that off....

but, money talks....
    This, from Columbine forward, every one of them.

Top Bottom