• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    NY with the NRA fought their laws right up to a pro gun SCOTUS, they refused to hear the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Recoil45,

Give us a couple more PRO-2nd Amendment Justices on The High Court & "we'll see".
    (Even the leftist DIMocRATS believe that there will be another 2-3 vacancies on the SCOTUS in the next 4-8 years.)

yours, satx

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    We did not have a "pro gun" SCOTUS. We were at best an even split on gun issues. Certainly, the SCOTUS not taking a case may have been the best outcome we could have gotten. Better to not have the case ruled on than have it go against us.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Tcruse,

Pardon me for pointing out that the "main-SLIME media", the DIMocRATS "leadership" & the "anti-2nd Amendment morons" certainly believed that the SCOTUS was "pro-gun". = HELLER made the left even more HYSTERICAL, UNHINGED & LOONY than they usually are.

yours, satx

Last edited:

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    We did not have a "pro gun" SCOTUS. We were at best an even split on gun issues. Certainly, the SCOTUS not taking a case may have been the best outcome we could have gotten. Better to not have the case ruled on than have it go against us.

They were pro gun enough to give us Heller and McDonald which were the biggest 2nd amendment victories in our life time.

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    Recoil45,

Give us a couple more PRO-2nd Amendment Justices on The High Court & "we'll see".
    (Even the leftist DIMocRATS believe that there will be another 2-3 vacancies on the SCOTUS in the next 4-8 years.)

yours, satx

We could have several openings in 8 years. Then another 2-3 years to get a case up to that level and another year to get the results. So while it's certainly possible it's a long ways out. This bill could solve a lot of issues within 12 months.

Brian C

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2017
    Outside Bee Cave
    After the 20th the door is open for Thomas to retire and I suspect he will when the dust settles from replacing Scalia. At this point Ginsberg will hold on as long as she can. Any others rumored to want to go? Replacing Scalia and Thomas only preserves existing balance (I hope).

It will be an arduous process. I pity the nominees. It will make Borks hearing look like a Girl scout meeting.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom