• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cherok2e

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX
    I'm not sure why you believe this. Laws vary state to state regarding vehicles driven on public roads. I don't understand why national reciprocity would have any effect on weapons or mag capacity restrictions in other states.

Example: In many states a front plate isn't required, you can get a ticket for not having it in Texas regardless of the state the vehicle is registered in or where your license was issued.
    How many tickets have you seen issued for no front tag when vehicle is from out of state?

cherok2e

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX
    If that's the case, and there's been no court battle with a SCOTUS case ruling it unconstitutional to ticket vehicles legal in home state but not where stopped, I see states like California doing everything they can to go after out of state carriers. Including making what ever laws they can pass even worse.
    I think there are to many hypothetical arguments made in to many cases. What's the likelihood of needing to use weapon in another state?

cherok2e

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX
    Yeah as of now I don't believe they've addressed the "unsafe grandfathered guns" dealio yet.
    But it's gotta be coming.

Next month, ammo sales (both new and PPT) will have to be from or through a CA DOJ-approved vendor.
    Brining ammo into the state will be criminalized.

But the reality is, I'm glad I'm in Texas so I don't have to follow CA's insane gun laws anymore.
    **** that state.
    Go figure, they allow marijuana any way, shape or form and yet they want to be asinine with everything else. Jerry Brown is just the most unhinged person you will find, and don'tforget his family has been California law forever.

cherok2e

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX
    THIS is my point... I haven't read the new laws verbatim, but I'd bet money they don't have exceptions written in them for ccw holders. You come across their border with a loaded pistol, and they don't like you for some reason and they'll thown their arcane book at you.
    I don't plan on being the test case if national reciprocity is passed... I don't plan on going there regardless.

The 2013 shit laws in CO taught me that state legislators are NOT very good at writing laws that make sense... especially about things they don't understand (and they don't understand a lot) there are a few exceptions of legislators that research and put effort into writing well... but look at the qualifications required for a state legislator, and the majority will likely hate those that make them look bad by doing a good job.
    But get real, legislators don'twrite bills, the staff he hires does the work while he's carrying out sexual harassment activities.

cherok2e

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX
    That's not what this bill is doing. It's not setting a standard for how much training a State must require--i.e. a Federal standard. What the bill is forcing down state's throats is that they MUST accept what other state's have deemed sufficient.

It's forcing reps from gun-hating states to accept what reps from gun-loving states have decided. Cali/NY/NJ would have to accept what TX has deemed sufficient . . . or what ND or WY or MT etc.

It is NOT establishing a National License to Carry. It is making State Licenses to Carry be accepted by every other State. How can that be bad?
    Gov. Brownbeck of Kansas just signed bill for no training/no license to carry starting in July.

cherok2e

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX
    There were some additional co-sponsors added yesterday to the FixNICS bill. One or two were Dems.
    It's not the co-sponsors that are the problem. The Dems, Schumer/Feinstein played games with the bill attaching it to reciprocity and in doing so the FixNICS may get passed without Reciprocity. Read the link above to the very bottom.

cherok2e

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX
    It would not surprise me if the reciprocity law only applied to licenses issued by your state of residence. So a Florida license would do no good for a Texan in California, but would still be good in Texas.
    Is the info I read somewhere about online training being on TX Gov's desk?

cherok2e

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX
    I think it's more of the fact that most our gun laws that we all now enjoy so much were do to the fact of crazy and or criminal people. I understand and certainly would like the laws to be as the constitution says, but even then I'm sure none of us want crazy criminals running around killing people. I am very sure, at least in my lifetime, that firearms will remain regulated.
    In my lifetime I could order a firearm through the mail from Sears catalog or buy one from the hardware store, walk down the street to school and prop it up in the corner of classroom and retrieve it after class and then go to the gun club meeting. We didn't have problems or mass shootings.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    thats because it was not an evil assault weapon that drives even the most law abiding citizens to go out and start blazing away. Thats what has changed

In my lifetime I could order a firearm through the mail from Sears catalog or buy one from the hardware store, walk down the street to school and prop it up in the corner of classroom and retrieve it after class and then go to the gun club meeting. We didn't have problems or mass shootings.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    It's not the co-sponsors that are the problem. The Dems, Schumer/Feinstein played games with the bill attaching it to reciprocity and in doing so the FixNICS may get passed without Reciprocity. Read the link above to the very bottom.

Yep, covered this scenario almost three months ago in my post (#200) of this thread. Looks like it’s going to play out exactly like GOA predicted unless the ‘fix NICS’ can be stopped in the Senate (which seems less and less likely....) but I’m keeping my fingers crossed. Sen. John Cornyn has lost my vote and support in the future.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

Don't believe I said it was a problem, simply reporting an update to what was being talked about. :facepalm:

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I emailed both Cornyn and Cruz about the stalled reciprocity. I got a note back from Cornyn (an aide I'm sure) telling me all about why he was for his fix NICS bill.

Crickets from Cruz, although technically it's crickets from Cornyn as well since he didn't respond to what I asked.

I think they send out canned replies based on what box you check when you choose a general topic. I've half a mind to send the same text about reciprocity and check abortion under the title to see what response I get back then. I'm guessing it won't be about handgun licenses.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I think they send out canned replies based on what box you check when you choose a general topic. I've half a mind to send the same text about reciprocity and check abortion under the title to see what response I get back then. I'm guessing it won't be about handgun licenses.

The most effective way to get your congressman’s attention is to call the House or Senate office direct and succinctly tell them the bill and whether you’re for or against. Don’t bother reasoning with the staffer, a quick “I’m against FixNICS and for CC reciprocity” suffices.

Phone calls work wonders.

Top Bottom