• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Yep, it kind of makes you think that just maybe there is some sort of leftist conspiracy going on here. More *manufactured* incidents like they did at Waco in order to get the unconstitutional AWB passed. :(
    But, they're a bit more careful these days... They don't want a misguided patriot to retaliate like happened in OK City.

Always felt that quite a few of these incidents could have been prevented, but, if not outright actually allowing them, being passive fit the agenda and definitely "energized the base". <hate that forking phrase>

The incidents under Obama were getting predictable enough to almost forecast.
    Venture Surplus ad

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Always felt that quite a few of these incidents could have been prevented, but, if not outright actually allowing them, being passive fit the agenda and definitely "energized the base". <hate that forking phrase>

The incidents under Obama were getting predictable enough to almost forecast.
    At some point, everyone will have to admit he abysmal failures of "gun control"; every time, every place! What a delusion and a BAD idea! leVieux

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    At some point, everyone will have to admit he abysmal failures of "gun control"; every time, every place! What a delusion and a BAD idea! leVieux
    You haven't heard? If we just got rid of all the guns in the world we can all live in an Utopian society.

The fairytales that some people can dream up.

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    GOA is reporting that if the NCIS fix bill is attached to the OMNIBUS bill that national gun carry reciprocity is dead for the year.

Any truth to this?

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    GOA is reporting that if the NCIS fix bill is attached to the OMNIBUS bill that national gun carry reciprocity is dead for the year.

Any truth to this?

That show must have really been bad for them to be trying to fix it after all these years. :roflfunny:

ncis-RxhEpNnsg7dhC

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    ...carry reciprocity is dead for the year.
    Any truth to this?

I’m guessing that has more to do with House rules than anything else. Since a reciprocity bill has already been introduced once this year, there may be some House procedure that would keep a new reciprocity bill from being introduced.

I got that same email from GOA and I’m disappointed they didn’t explain that aspect of their comment a little better.

I’m thinking, since the reciprocity bill and the House version of ‘fix NICS’ bill were combined (in the House), they would have effectively already voted on the reciprocity bill once this year. And it [the reciprocity part of the bill] will get dropped when the House and Senate versions of the ‘fix NICS’ are reconciled.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I’m guessing that has more to do with House rules than anything else. Since a reciprocity bill has already been introduced once this year, there may be some House procedure that would keep a new reciprocity bill from being introduced.

I got that same email from GOA and I’m disappointed they didn’t explain that aspect of their comment a little better.

I’m thinking, since the reciprocity bill and the House version of ‘fix NICS’ bill were combined (in the House), they would have effectively already voted on the reciprocity bill once this year. And it [the reciprocity part of the bill] will get dropped when the House and Senate versions of the ‘fix NICS’ are reconciled.
    What I don't understand about fixNICS is do they really need a law to hold people accountable for doing their damn job?

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Per the GOA email request, I called my House Representative and asked him to vote “no” on the Omnibus spending bill if it includes the ‘fix NICS’ bill.

And I’ve written Cornyn half dozen times, asking him to withdraw his support for the ‘fix NICS’ bill since it’s been taken over by Feinstein and Schumer. But of course he won’t since he was the original author of the bill (he’s wayyy too invested in it now).

I’m hoping Cruz will vote against it. I’ve written Sen. Cruz multiple times too. But it probably won’t matter since Cornyn now says he’s got enough votes to pass it. With Democrats ‘on board’, I’m sure he does. I won’t be voting for Cornyn in the future - he’ll have to win re-election next time around without my vote!

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    . But it probably won’t matter since Cornyn now says he’s got enough votes to pass it. With Democrats ‘on board’, I’m sure he does. I won’t be voting for Cornyn in the future - he’ll have to win re-election next time around without my vote!

As I mentioned earlier, the Senate co-sponsors hit critical mass a couple weeks back, but the same bill in the House only had 9 at the time. So yes, as as a bill by itself it would pass through the Senate with ease but flame out in the House. I'm guessing that is why they are attaching it to the spending bill. :mad:

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I believe the combined bill has already passed the House. Is that not so?

By combined bill, I mean the bill that combined or merged the reciprocity bill with the House version of the fix NICS bill.

NavyVet1959

Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2014
    Texas, ya'll
    What I don't understand about fixNICS is do they really need a law to hold people accountable for doing their damn job?

If that is the case, then we need to hold the legislators accountable for voting for or introducing any bill that attempts to violate the 2nd Amendment. That's obviously treasonous behavior and as such, they deserve to rot in the worst prison we can find for the rest of their lives. The Founding Fathers made the 2nd Amendment pretty easy to understand. They explicitly stated, "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED". They did not provide for ANY exceptions. As such, every gun law out there that attempts to restrict or regulate firearms is blatantly unconstitutional.

We also need to quit combining these bills together. A bill needs to be able to stand on its own right.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Here’s answer:
    https://www.usnews.com/news/politic...mit-to-new-fix-nics-bill-in-house?context=amp

The reason the House version only has 9 votes in support of the House version of ‘fix NICS’ is because they’ve abandoned passing the ‘stand alone’ bill. The House version of the ‘fix NICS’ bill is included in the same bill as the House reciprocity bill and it has already been passed (by the House).

And here’s the GOA warning to House members (especially Republicans) as to how they will score their voting record on this attempt to attach a “clean version” of the ‘fix NICS’ to the Omnibus bill.
    https://www.gunowners.org/goa-to-score-vote-on-omnibus-if-fix-nics-is-attached.htm

Last edited:

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Here’s answer:
    https://www.usnews.com/news/politic...mit-to-new-fix-nics-bill-in-house?context=amp

The reason the House version only has 9 votes in support of the House version of ‘fix NICS’ is because they’ve abandoned passing the ‘stand alone’ bill. The House version of the ‘fix NICS’ bill is included in the same bill as the House reciprocity bill and it has already been passed (by the House).

And here’s the GOA warning to House members (especially Republicans) as to how they will score their voting record on this attempt to attach a “clean version” of the ‘fix NICS’ to the Omnibus bill.
    https://www.gunowners.org/goa-to-score-vote-on-omnibus-if-fix-nics-is-attached.htm

OK, Thank you for the correction on that.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney

I’m still not sure why they feel the need to attach a “clean version” of the ‘fix NICS’ bill to the Omnibus spending bill.

Unless this is just some kind of maneuver to keep member’s votes on the reciprocity bill from being recorded and made a public record, it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. I think it’s just some kind of “gamesmanship” going on....

Seems like GOA could have explained that to those of us who don’t have a through knowledge of the internal political workings of Congress.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I’m still not sure why they feel the need to attach a “clean version” of the ‘fix NICS’ bill to the Omnibus spending bill.

Unless this is just some kind of maneuver to keep member’s votes on the reciprocity bill from being recorded and made a public record, it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. I think it’s just some kind of “gamesmanship” going on....

Seems like GOA could have explained that to those of us who don’t have a through knowledge of the internal political workings of Congress.

"The intricacies of politics are created by those who benefit from intricate politics."

Top Bottom