native Houstonian

Discussion in 'Houston' started by DCortez, Jul 30, 2009.

1. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Native Houstonian here.

Fulton & Quitman is the center of the universe. I orbit in NW Houston now.

2. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known

Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Wish I could claim Native, but I didnt have much say where I was born. However, at 5 years old I told my parents, and I quote... "You can go to Hell, as for me I am going to Texas...." Yeah thats mine....

3. Phoebe Ann

Phoebe Ann Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Houston ish
    Si. Native. Do any other natives remember the Blue Light Cemetery? If so, what's your story? =)

4. JimmyGreen

JimmyGreen Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Beeville, Tx
    I, too, am a native. I was born on top of an old confederate cemetery which is now one huge apartment building. 100 Points for the person who can figure out where this is... Shouldn't be hard for the natives.

5. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I was going to say Jeff Davis, but I think it's a federal building now, not apartments.

6. JimmyGreen

JimmyGreen Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Beeville, Tx
    Yes Sir! you are the winner! Nah it's an apartment building now.. Passed by there about 5 months ago. No way in hell I'd stay there though. It's not that I'm "a-skarred" of ghost, but I'd feel mighty uncomfortable using the restroom at night knowing a ghost could be looking at my..er..junk.

7. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    :lolz:

My eyes must be going bad, I thought I saw something about federal reserve, IRS, or something. Maybe those ghosts were playing tricks on me.

8. dbgun

dbgun TGT Addict

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I was born & raised in San Antonio until I was 18. Went to Dallas for a couple of years, then moved here in June of 1978. I've been here ever since.

9. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    What brought you down DB?

10. dbgun

dbgun TGT Addict

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Schlumberger,.... the company that hired me in 1978. I use to think that I'd retire back to SA, when the time came. With three kids born here in Houston, that won't happen anymore. Besides everything I like to do like hunt & saltwater fish, are all right here.