• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moseschi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2014
    Hi,

I signed up for this forum long time ago when I first became a US citizen and decided to exercise my right and purchase my first firearm. Although the country I was born and raised do not allow citizens to own firearm, I grew up with bb guns (I had quite a collection). I love anything about firearms: trap shooting and going to the range, hunting, hand loading, accessories, suppressors, etc...

To introduce myself. I was born in South Korea (Not North Korea--"Boo Kim Jong Un"), grew up in the Philippines, and ended up in US for undergrad and grad education, got married and have kids. As a foreign student, I was treated with respect and fell in love with this great country.

What I love about America, is the vast beauty all around the country, diversity, multi-culture and ethnicity, freedom and the rights it bestows to its citizens, constitution, honesty etc...) I moved so many times all around the country, but for now my residence is Pennsylvania.

I have been living in this great country over a decade and have seen so many changes that make America less attractive.
    Military Camp

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    The Philippines has a significant gun culture similar to Texas as I understand it.

I was there in 2015, the Armed Forces of the Philippines still carry M1911A1s which was cool to see.

However, Filipino civilians have to register every firearm once every four years with the Philippine National Police under Section 10, Republic Act 10591.

Also, a Permit to Carry (PTC) is required to carry weapons outside of one's residence, and is only granted on a "may-issue" basis at the discretion of the issuing authority based on the requestor being under an actual threat or are in imminent danger due to the nature of his or her profession, occupation or business.

I honestly didn't notice any firearms outside of the AFP military bases I was on, other than the ones carried by the police...
    The Philippines was one of the most interesting and friendliest places I have ever been! :welcome:

Cheers! M2

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I was there in 2015, the Armed Forces of the Philippines still carry M1911A1s which was cool to see.

However, Filipino civilians have to register every firearm once every four years with the Philippine National Police under Section 10, Republic Act 10591.

Also, a Permit to Carry (PTC) is required to carry weapons outside of one's residence, and is only granted on a "may-issue" basis at the discretion of the issuing authority based on the requestor being under an actual threat or are in imminent danger due to the nature of his or her profession, occupation or business.

I honestly didn't notice any firearms outside of the AFP military bases I was on, other than the ones carried by the police...
    The Philippines was one of the most interesting and friendliest places I have ever been!

Can't recall where or when but I thought I had heard an interview segment talking about Filipino's loving their guns and gun ranges. Chalk it up to bad memory on my part.

moseschi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2014
    The Philippines has a significant gun culture similar to Texas as I understand it.

Yeah, any decent size store will have an armed security guard. However, as a Korean citizen with Philippines green card (Permanent Resident) status, foreigners are not allow to purchase and own firearm.

Top Bottom