• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • djr46

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Carbon
    And "some" in this country seem to want US to forget history. Why?

My thoughts are SO "they" can go about their business of Hope and Change And use the same tactics used by other power hungry govts and Not have US recognize where they intend taking US.

That's my opinion anyway.

A knowledge of history will keep US from making the same Stupid mistakes that have been made before US.....
    DJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gun Zone Deals

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    And "some" in this country seem to want US to forget history. Why?

My thoughts are SO "they" can go about their business of Hope and Change And use the same tactics used by other power hungry govts and Not have US recognize where they intend taking US.

That's my opinion anyway.

A knowledge of history will keep US from making the same Stupid mistakes that have been made before US.....
    DJ

I'm all about history, I much prefer the Jewish approach to the atrocities in their history to the black American's approach.

Pieces of German engineering, stuff with amazing craftsmanship etc fine.
    I just don't get framing a Swastika arm band and hanging it on your wall...

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    I just don't get framing a Swastika arm band and hanging it on your wall...

It's about remembering history, IMO. Think of it in the terms of actors doing reenactments. They wear the uniform of the Nazis and of the Japanese Empire. That doesn't mean they're "white power". While some want to forget the past, we must remember the past and learn from the past or else we are doomed to repeat it.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Ernie Pyle, the famous WW2 war correspondent, wrote that the British fight for their homes, the Germans fight for glory and the Americans fight for souvenirs.

Invited a young (late 20's) co-worker of herself go to a gun show with us a couple of years ago. A Spanish citizen over on a a special project, never touched or fired a gun (got to touch at the show, took him shooting later) He was absolutely appalled at the Nazi stuff he saw, could not understand why people were trading and selling it. Told us in Spain that was strictly taboo. Had some interesting conversations then and later about what he saw and how he felt about it. Ended up convincing him that Americans are very good at kicking other countries asses, then taking their loot home to sell, collect, trade, etc. :)

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Ended up convincing him that Americans are very good at kicking other countries asses, then taking their loot home to sell, collect, trade, etc. :)
    Yeah, I think a big part of the allure is the idea that some of the stuff is war trophies. A framed Nazi armband hanging on your wall is really cool if your grand-dad was the one who brought it back. I don't really understand it if you have no personal connection to the items, but I don't begrudge anyone's fascination with it.

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    Some if it is just out of interest of the statist regime, some of it as reminders of the evil of mankind, some of it is other reasons, others are WP types.
    My (Jewish) father collected some items in the 1960s and 1970s, including a couple of the Star of David yellow armbands worn by Jews in the ghettos. Why? I have no idea. He found out in the 1990s that they were worth a fortune ($20K+ for one, $40K+ for the other), due to their rarity - most were destroyed when the ghettos were 'liquidated' and most of the rest in the aftermath of WWII. He donated them to a Holocaust Museum, but I don't recall if DC or Houston.

Eli

Phoneguy

Proud American and Infidel since 1968
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    North Ft Worth
    I have a coworker that resides in Mass that has a whole basement full of Nazi memorabilia; uniforms, weapons, etc. I guess it's no different that someone who collects firearms, challenge coins, baseball cards, etc.
    He did have some U-boat stuff that was pretty interesting to me.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Their emblem was actually a Native American symbol of the 4 winds so it's not inherently a Nazi thing.

Flash
    Nein, mein Fuhrer! The swastika was originally a Hindu good luck symbol (from the Sanskrit "su" - well and "asti" - being). Hitler saw it as an Aryan symbol and changed it by reversing the hooks and rotating it to suggest movement. It was first worn on the helmets of the Erhardt Freikorps Brigade in the early1920's.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Jeff Hanneman from Slayer collected Nazi WWII items. I heard he paid 1000 dollars to a guy whos dad had a Nazi WW2 medal
    Yes, Nazi memoribilia, rightly or wrongly is highly collectible and somewhat perversely, the more evil the group was, the higher prices paid. Top prices are paid for items from the SchutzStaffeln (SS) and Totenkopfverbande who ran the death camps, somewhat less for items from der Heere, Luftwaffe or Kriegsmarine and paramilitary organizations such as the Reisch Arbeits Deinst (RAD). Sturm Abtelung (SA) items are quite collectible too as they are from the early years of the rise of the NSDAP.

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    I'm fixen to make a man cave in my house an if I found some items of Nazi Memoribilia or even things from Imperial Germany I'd display them right along with my Harley and Chevy stuff.

djr46

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Carbon
    Nothing meant from my collection, ideologically speaking anyway.

I display Lugers, Broomhandles, prewar German daggers, etc. in a specially built case with that purpose in mind, Display of historical and beautiful items.....

I Agree that If we forget history, well Soon be repeating it. Good point!

I suspect 90 some odd percent of Conservative people agree and a much lower percentage of liberals agreeing......but that's Just my opinion.

I can't imagine how anybody but a conservative could develop a love of memorabilia and/or firearms. Again just my opinion.....and you can take that and 3.95 and buy a cup of coffee nearly anywhere.

DJ

Last edited:

Ghosty1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2014
    Beaumont
    lol agreed Djr!
    I collect (when i can) ANY wwII memorabilia. it is getting scarce (esp nazi and jap stuff).
    word to the wise, if this hasnt already been mentioned, be very wary of nazi memorabilia (any WWII stuff, really) as the counterfeit market is HUGE, esp at gun shows....its easy to spend a bundle to later find you have worthless knock off stuff.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I've never been to a gun show that didn't have at least a couple of vendors selling Nazi stuff. I dig it, but pretty much just for aesthetics. I doubt they'd be able to stay in business if only real Nazis/neo (i.e. "Fake") Nazis were buying their wares.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom