• ...and so much more!
  • 9uc

Bible/Gun carrying Christian Conservative
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2015
    Humble, TX
    Been in the area between Humble and Atascocita for a year now and wondering if there are other members around here or local "get together" groups.
    Hurley's Gold

9uc

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2015
    Humble, TX
    I was hoping that there would have been one establish for this area, but starting up one is not out of the question. It's going to be after the first week of September for me, but maybe we can start off with a breakfast or coffee at one of the local cafes. Hope maybe a couple more will chime in.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Haha, Clark isn't lying. Post a thread with a date, time and location. Lunch/breakfast optional. You'll have 5-10 people show up ready to shoot. Maybe more depending on avail. Houston Crew is pretty active and not confined too much despite Alex's NW Houston get togethers. We have folks drive in from an hour outside of town just to shoot. Trust me, Houston crew is VERY established. Just give us a reason....

Mongo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Houston area
    I'm in the Humble/Kingwood area and so is SC Texas. Not any get togethers that I know of other than one we had at my house many years ago.

9uc

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2015
    Humble, TX
    I'll repeat. Start one, and we'll come...............

Haha, Clark isn't lying. Post a thread with a date, time and location. Lunch/breakfast optional. You'll have 5-10 people show up ready to shoot. Maybe more depending on avail. Houston Crew is pretty active and not confined too much despite Alex's NW Houston get togethers. We have folks drive in from an hour outside of town just to shoot. Trust me, Houston crew is VERY established. Just give us a reason....

As we move forward on a meet, I'll need some suggestions on ranges, indoor and/or outdoor and places best suited for food if desired as I'm still a little new to the area and the only range I've used is D Range on 59 @ the Hopper exit for target practice and to get my CC certification s It's small and for pistol caliber only. As mentioned earlier, It's going to be at least early September as I'm currently going through roto-rooter proceedures on the left leg veins, so no extended shooting until proceedures completed.

Last edited:

Ordnanceman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2016
    I just moved into Atascocita recently.

I'm all for a shooting group.

As far as I know, for ranges, there is:
    Sportsman's Outlet (Humble)-Never feel comfortable when I go in this place
    Carter's Country (Humble, but closer to I-45) This place feels serious corporate, like Gander Mountian) and very expensive
    Thunder Gun Range (in Porter) Tad expensive but they do IDPA
    High Noon (in Crosby) been there once before it changed hands, indoor
    Dayton Gun Range, somewhat unprofessional which I love, its just so far.

These are the places I've been to. Would certainly welcome input.

If there is interest, I can call around in the next few days and find out if a Volume/package deal can be had for a group.

Norm

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    You're in Atascocita and you think Dayton is "just so far"?

OK. But get-togethers are totally worth a little time on the road. Just sayin'.

Drprepper81

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2016
    Reeve's out in Liberty is a good one also. Remote, not crowded, $5 a gun, but a bit of a drive for some I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mongo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Houston area
    Never heard of Reeve's, machine guns allowed?

There is a few other ranges in the NE area not mentioned. Look at the sticky in this forum on ranges to see them.

I'm a member of Bay area Shooting Club which is a private range that is nice.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    I live in Atascocita south. I used to meet up with a group at American shooting Center and make the drive as they were the only group I have met so far. The Range near 59 and Little York is okay and the staff is nice. I avoid thunder gun range at all costs as the owner is weird and stupid. I usually go to Carters for their trap/skeet shooting. Sportsman outlet is allright and had no issues but they are on the expensive side. Most of the great indoor ranges are on the Spring side like Spring Guns and Ammo and Shiloh Indoor range. I am open to meet up. If you would like to pm let me know.

9uc

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2015
    Humble, TX
    Reckon it's about time I close out this thread and delete the subscription. I had hoped that by the middle of this month to expand on my activities and do more shooting. Due in part to some health issues, I am having to for the foreseeable future stick to occasional range trips just to keep up the quals.

Top Bottom