Target Sports

Neckbeards, Knuckleheads, and Attention Whores?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    So, for some of you, calling names is what passes for mature, intellectual discussion? You know this is right out of the Liberal handbook, don't you? Call those you disagree with names, marginalize them, then it's easier to dismiss their point of view, isn't it? The OC movement may not be your preferred method of bringing attention to the fact that not all gun owners are wackos, that many are mom and pop couples like the nice ones who live down the block from you, but until one of you presents some empirical evidence that OC movements ARE damaging our efforts to support the 2nd Amendment then all you're presenting are opinions and you all know what we say about opinions.
    Hurley's Gold

Last edited:

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    train-wreck-o.gif

Last edited:

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    The tactics I mentioned are well known Liberal tactics. Or do you want to argue that point too?

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    dont all three sides use choice words to describe the other?
    I can't speak for others, but I haven't seen any intemperate language used on this forum by those, well, just me I guess. I seem to be the only TGT member that supports these OC rallies.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Wouldn't "liberal" be considered "name-calling"?
    Or just those who oppose your point of view?

What seemingly can't be understood is that we all want the same thing in the end.
    Why waste so much energy on those of us who, botom line, are like minded?
    Wouldn't it be better spent on something more constructive?

The division is tactics ...

I want to work the process using "tactics" that are defined and accepted by ALL those involved on either side of the fence.
    The other is in your face camouflaged as education.

One generates debate and dialogue ... the other divides and creates tension.

You, BC and many others dont care for me and that's fine. The ignore feature on this site works quite well.
    But don't post a veiled attack on those you don't care for. That's just sad.

Either don't post or get to know what makes your "enemy" tick.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Sapper any pix from the OC rally you attended?
    Yes, I've got a bunch. I'm just heading out the door to get some running around done before I go in to work this afternoon. I'll try to post them tomorrow if I have time and I don't have any further problems with the TGT website. It's hit or miss when it allows me to upload pics.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Wouldn't "liberal" be considered "name-calling"?
    Or just those who oppose your point of view?

What seemingly can't be understood is that we all want the same thing in the end.
    Why waste so much energy on those of us who, botom line, are like minded?
    Wouldn't it be better spent on something more constructive?

The division is tactics ...

I want to work the process using "tactics" that are defined and accepted by ALL those involved on either side of the fence.
    The other is in your face camouflaged as education.

One generates debate and dialogue ... the other divides and creates tension.

You, BC and many others dont care for me and that's fine. The ignore feature on this site works quite well.
    But don't post a veiled attack on those you don't care for. That's just sad.

Either don't post or get to know what makes your "enemy" tick.
    Mitch, you are completely wrong...I value and respect your opinion, I just don't agree with you all the time. I'm sorry, I'll expand on this post later but I've got to get my ass out the door to get my week's groceries or I'll be eating out of the vending machine at work.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    NRA Calls Texas Open Carry Protests "Downright Weird" and "Just Not Neighborly"

NRA Calls Texas Open Carry Protests "Downright Weird" and "Just Not Neighborly" | Dallas Observer
    Great article. I side with the NRA. Open Carry Texas isn't getting people accustomed to seeing Texans carrying guns. It's bringing more attention to our right to open carry long guns- and not positive attention.
    I like having more rights but when you scare moms or minorities MSNBC will come after you. Why give MSNBC news content?

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Guess I must be a liberal nut job. I support OC, but hell even Wendy Davis does so that doesn't say anything. What I do find interesting is the OC crowd and their desire to split the 2A movement. While I support the right to OC, I'm no fan of these silly rallies and showing up to businesses and forcing them to make a decision. I feel the OC crowd is their own worst enemy and largely to blame for why many folks/businesses don't support OC.

Just one liberal's opinion. Lol.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    While I support the right to OC, I'm no fan of these silly rallies and showing up to businesses and forcing them to make a decision. I feel the OC crowd is their own worst enemy and largely to blame for why many folks/businesses don't support OC.
    That sums it up pretty well for me also.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Guess I must be a liberal nut job. I support OC, but hell even Wendy Davis does so that doesn't say anything. What I do find interesting is the OC crowd and their desire to split the 2A movement. While I support the right to OC, I'm no fan of these silly rallies and showing up to businesses and forcing them to make a decision. I feel the OC crowd is their own worst enemy and largely to blame for why many folks/businesses don't support OC.

Just one liberal's opinion. Lol.

Bingo. While I am not some statistics expert nor have I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express, 4 business who were relatively neutral on the whole 2nd amendment took the wrong side after OC people showed up. If the end goal of each rally was to raise awareness and bring more people into the fold, I'd say they did it wrong cause that ain't what happened.

Over the last few decades there have been pretty decent strides in regaining 2nd amendment rights. We have many states that have shall issue permits. Bans were overturned and continue to be attacked. We have also had some setbacks as a result of knee jerk stupidity, but overall the trend was pretty decent. Why not focus more energy on the tactics that have gained us points rather than continue to try something that is apparently causing harm? We need to highlight the faults in our opposition not offer them examples proving their point that Americans can't act responsibly. Think how the civil rights movement would have turned out had MLK shown up dressed in fatigues and presented an attitude that "proved" blacks weren't as civilized as whites? Instead his actions made the police and authorities look like the uncivilized lot. That is what we need to do.

Top Bottom