• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKM47

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 26, 2018
    Tx
    Charles Daly & Rock Island seem to have the best reviews for least expensive 1911's

Between these two which would be the better one
    Hurley's Gold

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Simply an opinion from mt personal observations over the years Indulge with a grain salt.

Of the two choices, I'd choose the RIA in a heartbeat. Charles Daly 1911's that I have seen and shot, are kind of hit or miss. Some are great, and some are just junk.

RIA are consistent from all I have shot and the two I have owned in the past. Well worth the money. Not the best 1911, but solidly worth the asking price.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    RIA. A guy tried to trade my labor for a Charles Daly. Initially, I was for it, but what a pos. it failed the shake rattle test horribly, couldn't group worth a damn, and generally just made me sad. I got paid cash. Believe it or not, my Remington R1 is actually pretty nice and usually decent priced. They come with a match barrel bushing and everything is nice and tight, but moves smoothly. It kills the Texas Star at the range. Keep an eye out for a used one.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    RIA. A guy tried to trade my labor for a Charles Daly. Initially, I was for it, but what a pos. it failed the shake rattle test horribly, couldn't group worth a damn, and generally just made me sad. I got paid cash. Believe it or not, my Remington R1 is actually pretty nice and usually decent priced. They come with a match barrel bushing and everything is nice and tight, but moves smoothly. It kills the Texas Star at the range. Keep an eye out for a used one.

I have one of the early production R1 Enhanced models. It's a great pistol and decently accurate. But the later or towards the end of the production run of the R1's, they got pretty crappy.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    I have one of the early production R1 Enhanced models. It's a great pistol and decently accurate. But the later or towards the end of the production run of the R1's, they got pretty crappy.
    Ah, didn't know they fell off towards the end, but it makes sense. I bought one the early r1 stainless models and fit my own trigger. It's been a great gun so far.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Ah, didn't know they fell off towards the end, but it makes sense. I bought one the early r1 stainless models and fit my own trigger. It's been a great gun so far.

I bought mine at the very end of 2010, or very early 2011, right after the R1 Enhanced was brought out.

Just a couple of years ago, I started reading lots of negative reviews and bad reports from people that had bought a R1. At first I thought it was just a lot of internet talk and such. Started paying a little closer attention to the new R1's for sale. None looked as nice as mine. Most looked like very poor copies of the R1 1911's. I was very disappointed. What I also noticed, was a very severe lack of quality in the Model 700 rifles as well that many were talking about. Again, I was very disappointed.

Remington seemed more concerned with profits than producing a quality product. Seemed they were turning out just the bare minimum to sell the product. For many years I was huge fan of Remington firearms, and have bought and owned many over the years. But I was so disappointed, that I couldn't recommend them, or would I ever buy a new Remington firearm ever again.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Dammit that's the first time I read about that. I bought a early R1 Enhanced and a stainless plain R1 when they came out. Both were excellent 1911s and the quality was great. I never had any problems with either one and probably should have kept both. I just sold them to fund other guns.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    Saw a beautiful Kimber 1911 at the gun store yesterday. It was that black ice color addition and was running at $800.

AgedWarrior

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2021
    Lamb County, TX
    RIA are great guns for the price! I like Springfield too!
    6C369EC6-1230-4D44-82EB-1068401D8A95.jpeg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom