• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    With that budget and mentioning games, Alienware...

Samsung is nothing compared to an Alienware. Mine is a beast!!! The end.
    ARJ Defense ad

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I think laptops are just the luck of the draw.
    I have an old Dell Inspiron that is about 8 years old (maybe older) and still works great. Don't use it much anymore though I have a new HP(cheapy that works okay....just don't really like Windows 8).

Go to classic shell and download the program to go back to a normal Windows look.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think anything BUT ToSHITba would be a good choice. I think their Satellite line is crap. I've owned 2 (first one hard drive literally fried, second one motherboard went to Hell in a handbasket) and never again will I touch a ToSHITba computer. I've even been banned from their site because I sent them an email calling their product "a useless piece of shit not worth the bullshit it's made of."

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I think anything BUT ToSHITba would be a good choice. I think their Satellite line is crap. I've owned 2 (first one hard drive literally fried, second one motherboard went to Hell in a handbasket) and never again will I touch a ToSHITba computer. I've even been banned from their site because I sent them an email calling their product "a useless piece of shit not worth the bullshit it's made of."

The Toshiba I bought five years ago did just that. I replaced a keyboard, 2 hard drives, RAM set, had multiple software problems and just last week we were sitting here and the breaker in the office blew. I get up and go to look and no smoke or anything. Check the box and flip the breaker and i snaps back off. Pull the insulated power bar to off and flip the breaker and it stays on. The Toshiba (Satellite) blew something and kept blowing the breaker. Totally smoked. Now this one is barely a year old AND the keyboard has been replaced, it has a new HD, the driver for the keyboard is all fucked up and no way to solve the problem, the FAN JUST FUCKING QUIT for the chipset which I now have on order and am using a base cooler to keep it cool.

**** !!!!

wmk6341

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I work as a consultant/contractor doing embedded system development for small companies. Many years ago I switched over to laptops for my work because they were much easier to pick up and take to a client site when necessary. Because I do all of my work on the laptop on the laptop I need a top end machine. My last two PCs have been from Sager <custom gaming laptops - Welcome to Sager Notebooks> though I actually purchased them from XoticPC <http://www.xoticpc.com>. Basically they are top end gaming PCs and are not cheap. You might have a look.

Nullrejector

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Austin
    Maybe I missed it. Why not try a Mac? I average 8-10 hours per day on a computer, lugging one around everywhere I go. My life has been so much easier since I switched to Mac.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    LOL. I have a Toshiba laptop I bought in 2005, still running great. Not one singe issue. Fairly heavy use at times too.

I keep waiting for a meltdown...

DMC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2009
    Navasota
    TX69, I know you are anti apple, so this is more for others reading this thread. My wife and both switched back to apple/mac after disappointing experiences with windows laptops. The ONLY problem we have had was me dropping my old macbook off the top of the truck roof on to the concrete. It broke the screen (mainly because it was open at the time), I ordered and replace the screen for $120. It is still in use now, over twelve years old and still running well.

I just counted the macs in the house total is seven, all in running order. We only buy a new one for new features and software. Never had a hardware problem ever.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    TX69, I know you are anti apple, so this is more for others reading this thread. My wife and both switched back to apple/mac after disappointing experiences with windows laptops. The ONLY problem we have had was me dropping my old macbook off the top of the truck roof on to the concrete. It broke the screen (mainly because it was open at the time), I ordered and replace the screen for $120. It is still in use now, over twelve years old and still running well.

I just counted the macs in the house total is seven, all in running order. We only buy a new one for new features and software. Never had a hardware problem ever.

Depending on what you are doing with it, the Mac is limited.

Many commercial software packages won't run on it. And many more that do make Mac apps won't do what the Windows versions will do. Yeah, I get they are easy to use, and intuitive. But it comes with a price. If all you do is screw around on the internet, Mac is a nice tool.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Depending on what you are doing with it, the Mac is limited.

Many commercial software packages won't run on it. And many more that do make Mac apps won't do what the Windows versions will do. Yeah, I get they are easy to use, and intuitive. But it comes with a price. If all you do is screw around on the internet, Mac is a nice tool.
    Not quite true. The Mac gives you the flexibility to ALSO run Windows, at the same time as OSX even (using VMware Fusion or Parallels, or others) if you have the need or desire to do so. When it comes to versatility and utility, Mac is at the top.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    The9ine
    Top Bottom