• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Every time I go to buy an expensive flashlight. I end up not spending 200 bucks only 100 on a Fenix. Use em daily, in -20 degrees up to 110+. And sometimes it get exposed to those conditions within a couple of minutes.

My ONLY complaint I when I got my first one the pd16 I think, I had to use a screw driver to lift up the spring so it would contact the bottom of the battery 15 minutes of trouble shooting 5 second solution. Fingers crossed I lose my PD35 so I can buy a PD36.
    Lynx Defense

Jigo23

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 3, 2015
    While in the military I used Surefire and Streamlight exclusively. After retirement, discovered the Fenix lights and that’s all I’ve used since then. I would have even bought my own Fenix PD35’s vs the gov’t issued Surefire or Streamlight. I do like the Streamlight weapon-mounted lights a lot but for handheld, love the PD35’s and currently have 4 of them I keep scattered around between my truck, EDC kit, bedroom nightstand, hunting backpack.
    My first choice for duty in your case, would be the PD35 2.0

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I'm a hunter, and I have a team . We have a flashlight on duty, because when we are resting, this flashlight can make sounds, and we realize that there are some animals that we wake up, and we always use the flashlight tactic to confuse the boars in this way and lure them into our traps. We call this the triangle tactic.
    Welcome to the Forum!

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Found another I like. This one is definitely in the top 3.

Fenix PD35 V2.0 - $80

Amazon product ASIN B00GW60BLY
    5.4" long, 3.1 oz. It has better battery life than the other PD35.

View attachment 186162
    Streamlight Protac HL-X crazy bright, uses 2x CR123A or a rechargeable 18650. I have a rail mounted on on my duty rifle and a traditional/clip one for EDC.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    This is an old thread, but I might as well do an update. I ended up going with the Fenix PD35 with a 3500 mAh battery. My only complain with it is that I wish the max brightness setting lasted longer before the light switched to the next level down and disabled the max setting. That said, the next level down is still quite bright, and it lasts a LONG time. For what I use if for, it usually lasts a couple of weeks between charges.

The max setting is pretty damn bright. It can throw a beam pretty far and light up a good portion of a field.

The light itself is light, and small. It would not be hard at all to forget you're carrying it. It's also pretty durable. I have unfortunately dropped it a few times onto rocks and concrete, but other than some small nicks, it's just fine. They did an excellent job protecting the glass. The paint has held up amazing well too despite being carried almost daily in a pocket for around a year now. Other than the aforementioned nicks, it still looks almost brand new.

It's a lot of power in a small package, and I would recommend it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    So. I own 3 fenix lights.

Pd16, pd35 & pd36

The 16 was a gift I had to take a screw driver to jimmy the battery connector for it to work. It’s worked since. 3 years. No other problems

I went out last time with the illusion of buying a sure fire. But at half the cost and more buttons the pd35 won out. This one came with a battery with its own little charging back.
    I don’t like taking the battery out to charge.
    Buuuttt

A couple weeks ago I got the 36. It’s briiight
    This one has the charging Jack on the outside. Can’t help but think it’s a leak point. So maybe I would rather take the battery out.

Anyway. It’s a 350 Chevy. Not a lambo. But they’re nice. I use em climbing around construction sites. They get dropped, handed to the kids to play outside and abuse. No problems.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    So. I own 3 fenix lights.

Pd16, pd35 & pd36

The 16 was a gift I had to take a screw driver to jimmy the battery connector for it to work. It’s worked since. 3 years. No other problems

I went out last time with the illusion of buying a sure fire. But at half the cost and more buttons the pd35 won out. This one came with a battery with its own little charging back.
    I don’t like taking the battery out to charge.
    Buuuttt

A couple weeks ago I got the 36. It’s briiight
    This one has the charging Jack on the outside. Can’t help but think it’s a leak point. So maybe I would rather take the battery out.

Anyway. It’s a 350 Chevy. Not a lambo. But they’re nice. I use em climbing around construction sites. They get dropped, handed to the kids to play outside and abuse. No problems.

Holy thread resurrection, Batman.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    zQxRVNQ.jpg

awmp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2008
    Streamlight and get a streamlight pen light for your shirt pocket, your light will go out at the absolute worst time.

Top Bottom