• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Los Angeles Hotel receives more than $11M in damages during their stint as a homeless shelter. Evidently, this is happening all over the country and the cities just move on and leave the property owners holding the bag. At least in this case the govt paid for the damages on the down low.

Gun Zone Deals

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Damn... imagine what the insides of those hotels must be like while and after hosting these pests? I've visited some homes in my time that kind of made my skin crawl, but these places have got to be on a whole other level, both physically and socially.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    In 1975, Fort Indiantown Gap, PA housed thousands of Vietnam refugees in some empty barracks. In 1980, I was at Fort Indiantown Gap for some training and I saw the aftermath. It had been 5 years and since the barracks were not being used, they were just as they were when the refugees left.

Windows were broken, doors were broken or gone, the floors had holes, the walls had holes and writing all over them, toilets broken, etc. They were waiting on the Secretary of the Army to decide whether to repair or demolish the barracks.

This was almost 50 years ago. I'm sure that today's "refugees" would have done a lot more damage to the Fort and the surrounding areas.

The hotel in LA is just one of the ones that you will hear about. You know that there are a lot of others.

Top Bottom