Military Camp

Need a little help identifying what I managed to grab here.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Freedom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2016
    I picked up this scope awhile back but I've been having some difficulty finding out exactly what I've got on my hands and the value do i was hoping someone who is an expert with Russian style optics can educate me on what exactly I managed to get here. Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks.

ofylxj.jpg

214tulw.jpg

14302ue.jpg
    ARJ Defense ad

Last edited:

Freedom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2016
    I picked up this scope awhile back but I've been having some difficulty finding out exactly what I've got on my hands and the value do i was hoping someone who is an expert with Russian style optics can educate me on what exactly I managed to get here. Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks.

Well I can't figure out how to post a pic on here so if someone wants to educate me or if there's any experts out there willing to help feel free to pm me. Otherwise this can be closed since it seems I can't figure out how to get those pics up

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Well I can't figure out how to post a pic on here so if someone wants to educate me or if there's any experts out there willing to help feel free to pm me. Otherwise this can be closed since it seems I can't figure out how to get those pics up
    http://tinypic.com makes it really easy to share photos on here. Choose your file, click upload, follow the instructions, and then copy the "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards". Paste it into the reply box here. Your photo will show up when you post.

Freedom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2016

Freedom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2016
    Close, but not for a Mosin. Russian LOMO (Leningrad Optical Mechanical Plant) scope for an AK.

The guy I picked it up from said it was a PU scope for an AK with 3.5x mag. I've tried to do research on it to see what I could find out about it but haven't found much on this in particular. The gentleman informed me it was a Belomo scope so perhaps that's why my searches came up empty.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    The guy I picked it up from said it was a PU scope for an AK with 3.5x mag. I've tried to do research on it to see what I could find out about it but haven't found much on this in particular. The gentleman informed me it was a Belomo scope so perhaps that's why my searches came up empty.

They are very similar in appearance and the reticle is the same. In fact, this may simply be a modern "hunting" version of the old PU scope...

Here are some pics from a guy on the AK Files who got one a few years back...

blogger-image--1960369565.jpg

blogger-image--1596879917.jpg

blogger-image-1615081054.jpg

blogger-image--176761774.jpg

blogger-image--1218119828.jpg

blogger-image--1602078242.jpg

blogger-image-1421657706.jpg

blogger-image-808326245.jpg

blogger-image--152142155.jpg

Cheers! M2

Freedom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2016
    Looks very similar with the markings in those pictures. Any idea why mine doesn't show where it was manufactured?
    e6dhfc.jpg

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    Thanks.

Just FYI,

The upside down U in front of the "O" is basically the Russian version of P.
    The O is pretty much just O.
    That designation stands for "hunting aiming device"

These apparently are mounted on mosins over in Russia.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    Top Bottom