• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Anyone have a recommendation for a GP in Round Rock, Pflugerville, or Georgetown? I was going to ARC, but haven't been back since they posted 30.06 signs...

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    Anyone have a recommendation for a GP in Round Rock, Pflugerville, or Georgetown? I was going to ARC, but haven't been back since they posted 30.06 signs...
    Scott and White tends to hire quality people.

The only thing I'd caution against is the special snowflake doctors.

If they have brochures in the lobby talking about how the MD is "nontraditional" or otherwise "different" I'd run like hell.

Sadly, there's quite a few doctors in Austin cashing in on the rich yuppies from out of state, telling them that they are the only special MD that understands the secrets.

I've heard of moron MDs in Austin telling people vaccines and statin cholesterol meds are a scam

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Scott and White tends to hire quality people.

The only thing I'd caution against is the special snowflake doctors.

If they have brochures in the lobby talking about how the MD is "nontraditional" or otherwise "different" I'd run like hell.

Sadly, there's quite a few doctors in Austin cashing in on the rich yuppies from out of state, telling them that they are the only special MD that understands the secrets.

I've heard of moron MDs in Austin telling people vaccines and statin cholesterol meds are a scam
    Oddly enough, I agree with most of your post.

Cholesterol meds may not be a scam, but they are often not necessary. I was able to get my bad cholesterol down to all green with diet and exercise alone.
    My doctor gave me a choice between a statin drug or a diet change and I took option 2. The only side effect the diet change made was I lost 130 pounds in a year.( there was a bunch of exercise involved as well, but that is covered in my weight loss thread)

Dan, I use Austin Family Medicine on 360. 30.07 posted but not 30.06.

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    Oddly enough, I agree with most of your post.
    Cholesterol meds may not be a scam, but they are often not necessary. I was able to get my bad cholesterol down to all green with diet and exercise alone.
    My doctor gave me a choice between a statin drug or a diet change and I took option 2. The only side effect the diet change made was I lost 130 pounds in a year.( there was a bunch of exercise involved as well, but that is covered in my weight loss thread)
    Dan, I use Austin Family Medicine on 360. 30.07 posted but not 30.06.
    Yup, that's true.
    Furthermore, the Framingham scores are being called into question as science progresses.

However, in some popultations (like obese type II diabetics), there's pretty clear evidence that statins are keeping people from having heart problems.

Top Bottom