• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    Hi everyone. I have a Blue alpha gear cobra buckle belt but it does not fit thru my OWB holster for my 19 with TLR1-HL and RMR. I need something that I can hopefully wear at work and on the range.

What belt do you use and what can you guys recommend me? Price isn’t really a concern here. You get what you pay for and it’s to carry my gun which is a potential life saving device

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    DK Firearms

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    Hi everyone. I have a Blue alpha gear cobra buckle belt but it does not fit thru my OWB holster for my 19 with TLR1-HL and RMR. I need something that I can hopefully wear at work and on the range.

What belt do you use and what can you guys recommend me? Price isn’t really a concern here. You get what you pay for and it’s to carry my gun which is a potential life saving device

Wilderness Leader.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Bullhide Belts out of Ohio
    Damn fine gun belts
    They last forever

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Have you looked at the Blue Alpha Low Profile EDC belt? The webbing is supposed to be impregnated with resin to give it more rigidity. I have one ordered. I currently have a Trayvax belt that's fairly thin and works but I don't like the buckle that much.

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    The question still stands - how thin? Z's question was "how thin", not "how wide".

When I get a second I’ll have to reply with pictures of what I’m referring to. I’ll edit this post and post them. My problem is the cobra buckle tabs to release the belt catch on the belt loops of the holster. So I grabbed the inner belt of my competition style/duty style belt and tried that one. It fit perfect, however the thickness of the belt made it so I had to really pull on it to get it thru the loops. It’s a pain in the ass.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    This is why I only use snap on OWB holsters. So much easier and quicker just to snap it on.

I use belts with a steel insert for stability, but I am guessing these type belts will be too thick for your needs.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    My problem is the cobra buckle tabs to release the belt catch on the belt loops of the holster.
    Are you carrying appendix? Have you tried just offsetting the buckle past the first belt loop on either the left or right side?

Sent from one of those newfangled pocket computers using Tapatalk

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    When I get a second I’ll have to reply with pictures of what I’m referring to. I’ll edit this post and post them. My problem is the cobra buckle tabs to release the belt catch on the belt loops of the holster. So I grabbed the inner belt of my competition style/duty style belt and tried that one. It fit perfect, however the thickness of the belt made it so I had to really pull on it to get it thru the loops. It’s a pain in the ass.

Your description seems to be a width problem compounded by a thick belt. Most belts are only 1/8"-3/16" thick. Dress belts typically 1" wide. Duty types 1 1/4"-1 3/4".

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    This is why I only use snap on OWB holsters. So much easier and quicker just to snap it on.

I use belts with a steel insert for stability, but I am guessing these type belts will be too thick for your needs.

I just bought speed clips for this holster

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    BIGFOOT GUN BELTS!!!!
    They have a steel insert sandwiched between English Bridle Leather. Best belt I've ever owned. It does not get out of shape & sag or bow like other belts I've had.

www.gunbelts.com

image001.jpg

Attachments

• image001.jpg
      image001.jpg
      73.2 KB · Views: 443
    Top Bottom