• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    There is a guy named mike that is supposed to have a really good transmission shop in Marble Falls. I have not used them but a couple of guys I know have and they say he is great. DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT GO TO THE COTTMAN IN CEDAR PARK, ROUND ROCK, OR ANYWHERE ELSE, I made that mistake with the one in cedar park. After I had put my car in the shop there is when I found out that they have had 20 something complaints in the past 36 months Longhorn transmission is supposed to be pretty good they've only had 5 complaints to the BBB in the past 36 months. AAMCO has had 1. I dislike all three of these places I've heard more horror stories about aamco and cottman than long horn. Longhorn is right off of 1431.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Lots of do it yourselfer pull their own xmissions, get one from a wrecking yard which they will guarantee meaning if it is faulty you pull it out and they will give you another one. Its a little messy and you need a cheap transmission jack or attachment to go on a cheap floor jack but the last one my son bought (Savanna, Ga.) was $90...He's in the Army in Ga. and makes his extra woman chasing & beer money working on other soldier's cars...

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    well the problem is: a. I never have removed a transmission before
    b. no time
    c. its a 4x4 truck with a short tail transmission

I might have Witt Automotive(uncle Jim) remove it and I can take it over to longhorn. Its just down the street.

Unless Big Country wants to remove it for ammo trade???

Top Bottom