• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Springfield XDM .45, allows you to tailor Backstrap to fit hands, fair trigger with a short reset.

Second the XD/XDM, my 5.25" Competition Series has all the same exact dimensions as a 1911 except for the width. Great shooters, triggers can be worked to near perfection, and 100% reliable as well as easy shooters. I also have a XD-4 Service and a XDs.

The Springfield XD/XDM line are just like a Glock, only better! :banana:
    ARJ Defense ad

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I had the exact opposite experiance.
    At first, I didn't want a Glock because I had listened to the haters.
    I bought an XDm9 and an XD 45 and I really didn't love either of them. I couldn't get the 9 to be accurate enough for my liking and I didn't really care for the grip safety. I ended up trading both of them off over the years and now, 8 years later, I own 7 Glocks and I EDC a 19 and a 30
    To me, they point natural in my hands and I am super confident with them.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I had a similar experience but have always liked Glocks. I bought an XD and didn't like it at all. It didn't last long. Glocks are still here.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    P320? haven't shot one in 45.

XDs and P220 are in my rotation, though neither fit your requirements.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    The HK45 is definitely worthy of consideration. Very ergonomic and incredibly soft-shooting. They actually seem to have a bit less felt recoil than the average, 5" 1911, which is a shock considering the additional mass of the 1911.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I have owned my FNX45 now for about 6 years. It had an issue when I first bought it used, but FN took care of it. Extremely soft shooting for a 45. Has been 100% reliable. Double action pull is smooth and single action is outstanding. The only other polymer 45 I have considered other than it is the Glock 41, but can't let the FNX45 go!

tap&rack_TXinfidel

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Austin
    I own an HK45 and will never get rid of it. The double action sucks but you can train around that. Owned an FNP-45, ended up selling it as it was really picky with my Ti-rant .45 suppressor. That said, if you are not making the purchase to be a suppressor host, the FN fits the bill for high capacity. Save your cash and don't buy the tactical model. Nothing wrong with a good ol down and dirty USP either.....Tom Cruise agrees

alan.w.abbott

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2016
    I own both the Glock 21 and the FNX-45. Two very different guns. The FNX has a great SA trigger and a decent DA trigger. It feels very solid in the hand and who doesn't like 15 rounds of 45. The Glock 21 has a lot of after market support. If you want to customize the gun go Glock, if you want a solid shooter that has DA/SA capability go FNX. For me the FNX is next to me in the nightstand for home defense and the Glock is my toy that I have done trigger work, threaded barrel, looking at red dots and slide milling...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I have owned my FNX45 now for about 6 years. It had an issue when I first bought it used, but FN took care of it. Extremely soft shooting for a 45. Has been 100% reliable. Double action pull is smooth and single action is outstanding. The only other polymer 45 I have considered other than it is the Glock 41, but can't let the FNX45 go!

I am a huge Glock fan but want to add a note about the G41. Don't get it unless you plan on having work done to it. That big heavy slide adds a measurable amount of muzzle flip.

I own two G21Cs and love them. I lusted after a G41 for a long time but when I got one I hated it. The 21C has very little muzzle flip and the G41 is quite the opposite.

It was either get it milled and ported or get rid of it. I traded it off.

ervdrvr1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Harker Heights
    I vote this:
    BJR_3654-2010-11-11at10-35-031_zps55f0634e.jpg

ervdrvr1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Harker Heights
    Ok....their not polymer, or hi cap, or autos......but.....they are .45ACP....
    And...they can be used as boat anchors, hammers, or, if you run out of ammo, a bludgeon to crush someone's scull....It's good to have multi-purpose tools....
    Hard to do that with polymer....

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    "Not looking for a 100+ year old, overly complicated, outdated, pound per round, design dropped by its own designer, only useful as a paperweight pistol. (That may not be an exact quote from the OP)."
    Your statement is true, however, they still have the best triggers (push back in straight line, no hinge). They also are in high demand and sell well. I have and like both Glocks and 1911's.

Eckolancer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Plano
    Second the XD/XDM, my 5.25" Competition Series has all the same exact dimensions as a 1911 except for the width. Great shooters, triggers can be worked to near perfection, and 100% reliable as well as easy shooters. I also have a XD-4 Service and a XDs.

I have to vote against the XD line like stated they have not been to accurate for me and kick on them is crazy compared to a good old reliable 1911. For polymer I love the ruger SR series in 9mm I have the SRC9 and it come with compact and extended magazine. I've shot about 1500 rounds through it with no issues. Only minor issue was the sight pin started sliding out but realized it was probably from the way I tossed it in the glovebox everyday. I took it out expanded the pin and it's been fine for over a year even tossing it in the glovebox everyday. Maybe it was just not fully stretched out from factory. Now for glocks I feel they have to much kick. Again not sure why everyone like polymer style vs a metal frame gun. They all seem to kick back to much. Need less time to reset on target with a metal frame gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom