Need advice on getting payment for a gun that has to shipped

ronr68

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Aug 9, 2011
Austin
Looks like I need to advertise my M1 Carbine to a wider audience. I’m thinking about posting it on CMP or Gun Broker. I think I know how to ship it, UPS and ship to FFL. What I don't know is how to accept payment. Do I need to request a personal check and wait for it clear or bank draft, postal money order, etc? How does the buyer know to trust me or how do I trust the buyer? Thanks for the help.

Sasquatch

Well-Known
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Apr 20, 2020
Magnolia
Looks like I need to advertise my M1 Carbine to a wider audience. I’m thinking about posting it on CMP or Gun Broker. I think I know how to ship it, UPS and ship to FFL. What I don't know is how to accept payment. Do I need to request a personal check and wait for it clear or bank draft, postal money order, etc? How does the buyer know to trust me or how do I trust the buyer? Thanks for the help.

Postal money order would be my preferred method in that situation - less chance for fraud. Gun ships when the money clears.

Have you posted the gun on Texas Gun Trader? I might give that a chance before Gun Broker

Chuckles

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Aug 4, 2021
Fort Worth
If you sell it on Gun Broker they let you take payment with a credit card.

VNK971

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apr 26, 2021
Mico, TX
When I've bought from private sellers, not businesses, on Gunbroker I usually paid with a cashier's check from my credit union. Some sellers asked for USPS money orders. I expected them to wait until they were sure the check/money order had cleared. I rarely bought from a seller with a less than A+ established rating. If I did, I checked to see what were the dings in their rating, and I wasn't paying more than I could afford to lose. I never had a problem.

GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Jul 7, 2018
San Antonio
Ask for a bank wire payment via Zelle.

baboon

TGT Addict
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
May 6, 2008
Out here by the lake!
The more payment options you offer the more potential buyers! Being an old phucer I don’t do all those new payment options.

USPO money orders IMHO are are pain in the ass! I have bought plenty of things with a personal check knowing it won’t ship until it clears!

Daley_G

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mar 17, 2021
Cypress
Ask for a bank wire payment via Zelle.
As much as I love Zelle for just about everything else, they've got a strict policy when it comes to weapons. I'm not saying "don't" since many on here have (with varying levels of success), just know that if you tell them what the item is, you're likely in for disappointment - at minimum.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sep 27, 2017
Boerne
I would assume that so long as you clearly state the payment options and conditions on confirmed transfer of funds that it shouldn’t be a big deal.

Top Bottom