• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    You just mentioned some excellent reasons, for me, to avoid Texas Gun Trader - especially the fact that you said you are definitely showing up armed. I never had to worry about doing a single transaction on Gun Broker while armed but I see folks repeatedly mention the fact they would never do a transaction with someone from Texas Gun Trader unless they were armed. That is apparently because so many crooks and scammers post sales there there and/or because of so many opportunists using that site looking for opportunities to rip off someone who is selling a gun.

I show up armed to every face to face transaction I do, including ones setup here. Of course I'm rarely in public without a gun on me and nobody is the wiser.
    Texas SOT

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I've always been armed and careful about meeting places chosen for gun or vehicle purchases. I've heard too many bad stories concerning Craigslist so I avoid it.

Those in San Antonio can use any SAPD substation for such transactions. :loaded:

And no, the police will not hassle you for doing so!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I think many of us have seen over the last year or so that there seems to be a rise in scams involving guns and ammo for sale, even here on this forum.

I think due diligence is required so as not to be a victim, whether dealing FTF, or even remotely using electronic or paper for the transaction.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Those in San Antonio can use any SAPD substation for such transactions. :loaded:

Police stations have been one of my preferred places for transactions. If a buyer/seller can't meet me there, we probably don't need to meet.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio

This was my first thought. If the other party seems shady, recommend a local PD parking lot for the transaction.

Also, I wouldn’t go anywhere without being armed. Period.

ronr68

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Taylor
    I can’t see SA police or any other police allowing gun sales in their parking lots. Start pulling weapons out in a police lot and SWAT doesn’t need their vehicles to respond.

Thumper2336

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2022
    Austin
    Looks like I need to advertise my M1 Carbine to a wider audience. I’m thinking about posting it on CMP or Gun Broker. I think I know how to ship it, UPS and ship to FFL. What I don't know is how to accept payment. Do I need to request a personal check and wait for it clear or bank draft, postal money order, etc? How does the buyer know to trust me or how do I trust the buyer? Thanks for the help.
    im interested in this info as well

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Postal Money Order is the only way to go, IMO. If they try to get you to accept PayPal, discontinue all comms w/them. They know that when they get the gun and complain to PP, they'll reverse the charges and you end up with nothing. When you get the MO's, take them to the PO and cash them.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Postal Money Order is the only way to go, IMO. If they try to get you to accept PayPal, discontinue all comms w/them. They know that when they get the gun and complain to PP, they'll reverse the charges and you end up with nothing. When you get the MO's, take them to the PO and cash them.
    PO can also verify that they are authentic as well.

Had a scammer tried to buy some cameras I had for sale on Craigslist with bogus PO money orders. They verified they were phony.

Top Bottom