• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Driver needs less donuts.
    Heh.

Seriously though. It's a front wheel drive thing. Nothing serious.
    Target Sports

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    It is a possibility that your motor and transmission mounts are worn enough to change the thrust angle of your vehicle under acceleration. I did an alignment just the other day on a vehicle that had some torque steer that was amplified by the drivetrain shifting under a load. Second I'd let off the gas, the steering wheel went from 20 degrees left right back to dead center.
    That was a completely beat down Ford 500 but any fwd vehicle with worn mounts could do the same thing. Usually they have to be pretty far gone. Enough that you'd notice either the low bass-ey rumble of the engine in gear or distinct thump going from neutral to drive or reverse.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

To address torque steer on some midsize FWD models, GM for a number of years actually put wider tires on the front compared to the rear.

Very strange...and it wasn’t just a little wider, it was a significant 30mm wider - 225 width in the rear, 255 in front.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Never had noticeable torque steer from any modern Front wheel drive. Maybe they just didn’t have enough POWA!

That said, a bad CV shaft will cause a FWD car to pull hard when accelerating. Doesn’t have to be busted, just going out, worn, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwynn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2021
    Bertram , Texas
    My wife's car, 2016 Nissan Versa, pulls hard to the left under hard acceleration and of course goes back to the right when you let off the gas. I've read online that it is either tire inflation, alignment or suspension.

Tires are new and properly inflated

We've had the alignment checked/done 2x

The lower control arms were replaced a while back before the alignment was done.

As I said I read online that the suspension could be the problem but it wasn't specific. Did they mean struts or something else?
    could be transmission

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    My wife's car, 2016 Nissan Versa, pulls hard to the left under hard acceleration and of course goes back to the right when you let off the gas. I've read online that it is either tire inflation, alignment or suspension.

Tires are new and properly inflated

We've had the alignment checked/done 2x

The lower control arms were replaced a while back before the alignment was done.

As I said I read online that the suspension could be the problem but it wasn't specific. Did they mean struts or something else?
    It's been almost a year since this started and after taking it to a couple places we took it to the dealer this past Monday. We decided to give it one last try before giving up and treading it in on a new car. Anyway the "technician" after aligning it (This is the third time it's been aligned in a year) figured out that the control arms were not torqued correctly. After re-torquing the control arms it handles like a new car.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Wow, I'll bet. I should be surprised the previous alignment guys didn't notice the control arms being loose, but ....
    I don't know if they were obviously loose but it was obvious to me that they didn't bother to test drive it or to even attempt to address the problem. I asked the service manager to thank the "technician" for his work ethic and for caring to do his job well.

Top Bottom