• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Malaka

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    New Orleans
    Hi all,

I might be relocating to the San Antonio area next year and I'm making a trip in November to do some house hunting. I was hoping you guys might be able to steer me to some good areas. I need to be within a 1 - 1 1/2 hour drive of Lackland AFB and I'm looking for at least 20 acres with a house. We raise goats/chickens/etc. here in Louisiana and I'd like to continue to do so in TX.

So far I've been looking to the SE of San Antonio but I'm not set on any area yet. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

THANKS!
    Hurley's Gold

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I'd be lookin' WEST of SA, myself. From Lackland, that'd put you all the way out towards Uvalde - LOTS of rural areas in there with some nice stuff available!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Well, you don't want to be in the immediate area around Lackland, that's for sure; but there are nice areas either south or west of the base that meet your needs without having to drive 60-90 minutes!

I would recommend looking outside of Loop 1604 but beyond that it's just a matter of looking around and find the area that looks and feels good to you.

I am also going to PM you a link for a San Antonio relocation forum that might be helpful, and having PCS'd to Lackland twice during my career (not to include BMTS and AFROTC Field Training), I know the place pretty well so feel free to drop me any questions about the base you might have!

Cheers! M2

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    North and West of the city (outside 1604) are good, but costly unless you go a fair distance out of town. East and South can be a war zone if you are actually inside the city. I'd avoid them. Outside the city to the East toward Seguin isn't too bad.

Of course no "area" is all good or all bad...

Top Bottom