• ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Friends,

I'm a Southpaw & am looking for a brass deflector (Preferably the RVN GI model that was provided as an accessory for left-handed shooters, which has the "ball detent" to snap into the carry handle of the right side if the upper receiver) for my VietNam-era "semi-auto clone" of the pre-1971 M-16 rifle.

Note to younger readers here: Four decades ago, Colt upper receivers didn't have a "built-in bulge" at the rear of the chamber to deflect hot brass from hitting you in the face. Once the accessory was invented, it was "promoted" in the old "comic book style" PM MAGAZINE that was distributed free to GIs worldwide.

THANKS for reading this. - Responses to: texasnative46@gmail.com

yours, satx
    USA MPC, Retired
    Gun Zone Deals

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    This is what you are looking for, correct??

If so, I think this might be the numbers that might help your search. Part Number 9378328, NSN 1005-01-171-4778 (or it might be for the .22 conversion kit)

brassdefle.jpg

deflector_zps3df0a55f.jpg

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Acera,

That's IT. = Do you wish to sell it?
    (IF you do, please email me with your information.)

THANKS for the quick/helpful response, satx

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Friends,

I'm a Southpaw & am looking for a brass deflector (Preferably the RVN GI model that was provided as an accessory for left-handed shooters, which has the "ball detent" to snap into the carry handle of the right side if the upper receiver) for my VietNam-era "semi-auto clone" of the pre-1971 M-16 rifle.

Note to younger readers here: Four decades ago, Colt upper receivers didn't have a "built-in bulge" at the rear of the chamber to deflect hot brass from hitting you in the face. Once the accessory was invented, it was "promoted" in the old "comic book style" PM MAGAZINE that was distributed free to GIs worldwide.

THANKS for reading this. - Responses to: texasnative46@gmail.com

yours, satx
    USA MPC, Retired
    Which was about as good as reading Playboy. That was the most read and popular magazine the Army ever produced, it was a sad day when it was cut out. Showed me just how stupid the Army could be...

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Ole Cowboy; All,

You are 100% CORRECT. = PM Magazine was "shut down" because a FEW (and I mean a VERY FEW) civilian "hardcore leftist feminists" bitterly complained to the DoD that the magazine was "sexist & exploitive of women".
    (FUNNY THING though, PM was about as popular with female SM, as the magazine was with male GIs. AND the "comic book" was frequently "humorous", as well as VERY informative to read. - BTW, after the editors of PM found out how popular that the magazine was with female GIs, they added drawings of "male hunks" to PM. = This is called: RESPONDING to the preferences of your readers!!!)

Note to the "younger set": PM MAGAZINE was a 1960s to 1970s "army comic book", which routinely featured "pen & ink" DRAWINGS of 2 pretty/sexy women. = To my knowledge, there was NEVER a single photo of a REAL girl/woman within its covers & NONE of the cartoons were NUDES.
    (One "cartoon character" was a sexy blond named "Connie" & the other was a young/HOT A-A woman, whose name escapes me at the moment.)

A PERSONAL comment: WHEN/IF the government STOPS listening to/catering to the nut-job ranting of the "idiot fringe" of the FAR LEFT, we "regular Americans" will all be better off.
    (One of the things, that "makes me nuts" was the decision of "higher ups" to require SM to "take down" glamour photos of "our lady" ANN MARGARET, who was every GIs fantasy/heroine in "my day". = Now that was A CLASSY LADY!)
    I even had to take down Ann Margaret's famous STATE FAIR photo of her in a skirt/sweater, as I was told by our BN CDR that, "Someone might be offended that you have a photo of her on the wall of your room."

yours, satx

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Ole Cowboy; All,

You are 100% CORRECT. = PM Magazine was "shut down" because a FEW (and I mean a VERY FEW) civilian "hardcore leftist feminists" bitterly complained to the DoD that the magazine was "sexist & exploitive of women".
    (FUNNY THING though, PM was about as popular with female SM, as the magazine was with male GIs. AND the "comic book" was frequently "humorous", as well as VERY informative to read. - BTW, after the editors of PM found out how popular that the magazine was with female GIs, they added drawings of "male hunks" to PM. = This is called: RESPONDING to the preferences of your readers!!!)

Note to the "younger set": PM MAGAZINE was a 1960s to 1970s "army comic book", which routinely featured "pen & ink" DRAWINGS of 2 pretty/sexy women. = To my knowledge, there was NEVER a single photo of a REAL girl/woman within its covers & NONE of the cartoons were NUDES.
    (One "cartoon character" was a sexy blond named "Connie" & the other was a young/HOT A-A woman, whose name escapes me at the moment.)

A PERSONAL comment: WHEN/IF the government STOPS listening to/catering to the nut-job ranting of the "idiot fringe" of the FAR LEFT, we "regular Americans" will all be better off.
    (One of the things, that "makes me nuts" was the decision of "higher ups" to require SM to "take down" glamour photos of "our lady" ANN MARGARET, who was every GIs fantasy/heroine in "my day". = Now that was A CLASSY LADY!)
    I even had to take down Ann Margaret's famous STATE FAIR photo of her in a skirt/sweater, as I was told by our BN CDR that, "Someone might be offended that you have a photo of her on the wall of your room."

yours, satx
    Fully Concur!

I was in a private office and had a Sports Illustrated Calendar, one of the small ones taped to my desk drawer. The ONLY way it was visible was to be behind the desk. My Col (I found out) would come in my office and go thru my desk every day after I left, not sure what he was looking for????? But when I saw that cal he went berserk...he was a nut job as so MANY 0-6's are...

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Acera,

That's IT. = Do you wish to sell it?
    (IF you do, please email me with your information.)

THANKS for the quick/helpful response, satx

No, not mine. If it were, being a lefty it would appeal to me also as a collectable item. (It was those things, and others, that made me not want to shoot left handed in basic, since I had shot right before I did it then not wanting to stand out any more than I did already :) )

Though pictures would help others see what you are looking for it those were it.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Ole Cowboy,

VERY WELL UNDERSTOOD. = One of the LTs in our MP company in 1974 at Ft Mead, MD had a photo of HIS WIFE, in an evening gown, long gloves & heels, on his desk in his private office. - He was ORDERED by the BN SGS to "take it home, get rid of it or hide it, as she's too pretty & somebody might complain."

Otoh, NOT all senior officers are "wusses". = Mary Clark, MG USA, Retired, was then a BG & THE senior officer of The Military Police, when a "SES" (GS-17) DA civilian demanded that we MPs take down the life-size color photo of Ann Margaret in a "one piece" bathing suit (which had once been on the wall of "MP HQ" at USARV & was moved in 1975 to another MP office.), with the hand-written personal "dedication": "I LOVE MY MPs & I'm yours FOREVER, Ann".
    "Mother" Clark smiled & said, "GET A LIFE, Ms. _______. That photo is staying right where it is, as Ann is a GREAT LADY, our 'very own MP Patroness' & photos of her are incapable of being 'in bad taste' or offensive."
    (Soon after, BG Clark signed an official "Memorandum for Record", on her flag officer's stationary, that designated the photo as "a significant historic object, which is NOT subject to the DA policy on inappropriate images on government property". - The last time that I was there, "our Ann" was STILL on the wall.)

A short PERSONAL note: I worked on the staff of MG Clark. She was "a soldier's soldier" & a GOOD MP, too.

just my OPINION, satx

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Ole Cowboy,

VERY WELL UNDERSTOOD. = One of the LTs in our MP company in 1974 at Ft Mead, MD had a photo of HIS WIFE, in an evening gown, long gloves & heels, on his desk in his private office. - He was ORDERED by the BN SGS to "take it home, get rid of it or hide it, as she's too pretty & somebody might complain."

Otoh, NOT all senior officers are "wusses". = Mary Clark, MG USA, Retired, was then a BG & THE senior officer of The Military Police, when a "SES" (GS-17) DA civilian demanded that we MPs take down the life-size color photo of Ann Margaret in a "one piece" bathing suit (which had once been on the wall of "MP HQ" at USARV & was moved in 1975 to another MP office.), with the hand-written personal "dedication": "I LOVE MY MPs & I'm yours FOREVER, Ann".
    "Mother" Clark smiled & said, "GET A LIFE, Ms. _______. That photo is staying right where it is, as Ann is a GREAT LADY, our 'very own MP Patroness' & photos of her are incapable of being 'in bad taste' or offensive."
    (Soon after, BG Clark signed an official "Memorandum for Record", on her flag officer's stationary, that designated the photo as "a significant historic object, which is NOT subject to the DA policy on inappropriate images on government property". - The last time that I was there, "our Ann" was STILL on the wall.)

A short PERSONAL note: I worked on the staff of MG Clark. She was "a soldier's soldier" & a GOOD MP, too.

just my OPINION, satx
    I met her a few times, I was on GS staff for almost 10 years and like all people, there are good ones, bad ones and the rest you don't even remember

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Ole Cowboy,

EXACTLY SO.

Btw, another comment on "OUR Ann": At a time when we returning GIs were often cursed at, were called "baby-killers" (& many WORSE "names"), had things thrown at/on us & were even sometimes spit upon (I had a brand new set of TWs ruined, when a SHRIEKING/CURSING, leftist/hate-FILLED B!@#h threw "blood" on me at the AP in CA), when we returned to CONUS from overseas/"The Mess", "OUR Ann" embraced us & told us openly how PROUD that she was of what we had all tried to do "over there" & called us, "MY GUYS". = She was/IS forever a "class act".

just my OPINION, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To ALL,

I finally FOUND an acceptable to CMP service rifle competition BRASS DEFLECTOR from Brownell's & shipped for 22.75. = A few are now in stock there.
    (Be not deceived: Because a company advertises an item on "the worldwidewierd" does NOT mean that they HAVE any in stock/for sale.)

THANKS for your help, everybody.

yours, satx

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hrrquest1000
    Top Bottom