• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigbird

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Kyle
    I've been wanting my CHL but just have not done it yet. I am relocating to Corpus and our office there is not in the best part of town, so this has gone way up my priority list. I can take the class in January, but my house is up for sale now.

So my question is should I take the class and chance moving before I even get my card, or should I wait until I set up residence down there. I assume it would be a hastle to try and change address if my app isn't processed yet.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
    DK Firearms

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Take the class and submit the paperwork when you move. Thats what i did, took the class in Houston, then submitted everything when i moved to San Antonio.

PrakATTACK_HOLLA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    NW, Cypress
    i agree... how soon are you planning to move anyway??? cause it took roughly about a month give or take a week to get mine...:] and thats with them needing extra info like my DD214...

Bigbird

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Kyle
    Plan on moving the family as soon as the house sells, or when school is out, whichever happens first. I will be down there doing the hotel thing starting next week.

Sounds like they are processing a lot faster than they were last time I looked into getting my licence.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    I've been wanting my CHL but just have not done it yet. I am relocating to Corpus and our office there is not in the best part of town, so this has gone way up my priority list.
    Untill you get the CHL, Carry you a 12 gauge to work! Nothing say's dont F@## with me like a 12 gauge does!
    Good luck with your move and I hope its for the better.

Rifleman55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    You can carry your handgun in your vehicle, and back and forth to your motel without a CHL. You just cannot carry it on your person when shopping etc.

Bigbird

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Kyle
    Thanks for all the replys. I think I'll take the class as soon as I can and hold the paperwork till I get settled in.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1qwerty
    Top Bottom