• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • legionkahn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    kaufman tx
    I was told it appears to have a frozen firing pin. Anyone know a good gunsmith to have it worked on? I am working through the week in San Antonio, pass through Waco, Austin, could also be Dallas area as well. I would really like to get it shooting. Thanks for allowing the post.
    Venture Surplus ad

legionkahn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    kaufman tx
    I'll check in to it. I really would like to get the mauser up and shooting again . Have you had a chance to shoot the cz70? I never did get to shoot it. Let me know how it does.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    I've worked on Broomhandles before; hard to find parts but I have a few bits and pieces on hand (including, if memory serves, some firing pins and firing pin springs). Usually there is corrosion in the firing pin channel, though, from that old time ammo :)

Alex

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I'll check in to it. I really would like to get the mauser up and shooting again . Have you had a chance to shoot the cz70? I never did get to shoot it. Let me know how it does.

I just picked up some .32 ACP for it last week, and was going to go to the range with it this morning; but lo and behold, it's actually raining here in San Antonio!

There's an odd story about the ammo, I stopped by an Academy to get some and was told they don't carry it because it was "uncommon." Then I'm at my local Walmart and decide to check there, and they've got it!

I'll post a range report once I get a chance to shoot it, and I am looking forward to it as that pistol really appeals to me!

Cheers! M2

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    Esay enough to change out the firing pin, simply push in with a screwdriver that fits the milled slot in the head of the pin and turn to the left. Spring pressure will back it right out. Most M96s I've seen have a corroded firing pin tip, often breaks off or hangs up like you are describing.

Top Bottom