• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Involved in a pre-Estate type of deal and have a gun I am having trouble identifying and placing a value on. My trusty Blue Book of Gun Values is not so trusty to me today on this one. Already have a couple of his friends interested in purchasing it, if that falls through it will be listed here. Goal is to find a price/value that is fair to each party.

Older Italian made Single Action Army style revolver.

Marked .44-40 on both barrel and cylinder. Owner says he has a .44 long cylinder for it somewhere, but does not know where now.

None of the new safety features, as in no transfer bar safety on the action. Firing pin on the hammer actually strikes the cartridge primer directly.

Great condition, no rust or blemishes, and has less than a box of shells run through it says the original owner.

Good tight lock up.

Most all markings I could find are shown in the picture below.

Comes with a nice leather cartridge belt and holster---old west style. However it will not fit 'healthy' folks :)

Thanks in advance for any advice and help.

(Sorry for the crappy hatchet job on the photo)
    4440_zps6d282932.jpg
    Gun Zone Deals

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I think that was made by uberti. If I recall correctly it was imported by Action Arms of Kansas City. This would be older the the 1968 GCA, if it does not have the makers name on it. Current value is around $230 or so for the gun.

Last edited:

Acera

TGT Addict
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Thanks, see a lot about them with the Uberti name, but nada on the AAI. Decent price for a buyer :) only problem is I got two fighting for it now..............................and one is herself.

Top Bottom