• ...and so much more!
  • jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Saw a baby, about 10" long, on my walk last night. Same markings. Left it alone.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Light brown snake.jpg
    My wife came across this little guy in our bedroom floor. Hard to tell, but he's light brown and about 5-6 inches long. about to take him for a ride to a gully in our neighborhood. Baby Texas brown snake?

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Yep. Rat snake. Good one to have around

kbaxter60; Hoji,

A couple of those "leg-less friends" are a POSITIVE GOOD to have around the barn, if you have horse/mule/cattle feed onsite & a "rodent problem", too.

yours, satx

Kayt00

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    North DFW
    Definitely an earth snake of some sort. I've got a group of them that lives in the backyard under my kayaks when I'm not using them.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Carpet in bedroom would need cleaning at my house if my wife found this or any other snake on it. Maybe even have hole to repair/replace.

cgunner,

My GUESS is that you do NOT have a cat, as every cat that we ever had brought in TROPHIES to show "Mama" WHAT A GOOD HUNTER that he/she was.
    (OFTEN the TROPHIES were very much alive., including an occasional COPPERHEAD.)

BTW, wee once acquired a "pet coon", as our old mama cat brought us a baby raccoon, as a trophy, that was hardly old enough to be out of the nest. = At 4YO, "ROCKY" weighed nearly 40 pounds & seemed to think that he was a CAT, as he groomed himself just as the kittens, that "SALLY ANN" raised, did & even used the litterbox.
    (He was 100% BONDED TO my late wife & was JUST PITIFUL to watch looking for Vickie, after she passed away. = "Rocky" seemed to think that IF he looked enough places in the house that he would sooner or later find "Mama". - He passed away in his sleep just short of his 8th year & I admit that I took a shovel & interred him "with Mama", one dark night. - It just seemed right that he be buried with her.).

yours, satx

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    cgunner,

My GUESS is that you do NOT have a cat, as every cat that we ever had brought in TROPHIES to show "Mama" WHAT A GOOD HUNTER that he/she was.
    (OFTEN the TROPHIES were very much alive., including an occasional COPPERHEAD.)

BTW, wee once acquired a "pet coon", as our old mama cat brought us a baby raccoon, as a trophy, that was hardly old enough to be out of the nest. = At 4YO, "ROCKY" weighed nearly 40 pounds & seemed to think that he was a CAT, as he groomed himself just as the kittens, that "SALLY ANN" raised, did & even used the litterbox.
    (He was 100% BONDED TO my late wife & was JUST PITIFUL to watch looking for Vickie, after she passed away. = "Rocky" seemed to think that IF he looked enough places in the house that he would sooner or later find "Mama". - He passed away in his sleep just short of his 8th year & I admit that I took a shovel & interred him "with Mama", one dark night. - It just seemed right that he be buried with her.).

yours, satx

We once had a big old siamese Tom and he hunted for everything he could find when we lived on Kentucky Lake and he found some doozies and brought them all to the door to be admired. Terrified my wife and she got a Field Guide so she could tell the bad from the good. She could sometimes be seen chasing them through the weeds "stop so I can identify you". The cat was devoted to a beagle we had and when the beagle got killed in a dog fight, the cat looked and mourned for weeks. That cat was a holy terror with other dogs and other cats. He lived 17 years and maybe a little more, it was quite a while ago. All the bird dogs and all the horses have gone to their rewards and BW says "No cats, No dogs" Period.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Would have made a nice belt or hat band !

leVieux

levieux,

Given that I'm a NETX "swamp denizen" at heart, I'm looking for a "dark phase" COTTONMOUTH skin, with a good pattern for a belt/hatband.

yours, satx

Top Bottom