• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    So, I was wiping down my Remington 870 and M&P Shield 40 after a trip to the range. I wiped down the 870 first and then moved onto the Shield. While wiping down the Shield frame this part fell out of the rag I was using! Not sure if it is from the 870 or the Shield! Either way it worries me that a part fell off!:confused: Anyone know what it is? I have looked over both and can't figure it out.
    IMG671copy_zps9b5e4b37.gif

IMG669copy_zpsb4276ff7.gif

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Looks like the part inside the mag well on the Shield that you have to lower in order to remove the slide.

Not sure how it could have just fallen out.

Last edited:

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Man, you are right! Found a video on youtube of someone taking apart an M&P frame. What worries me is it is held in with a pin and should not be able to just fall out.

Just looked at my Shield and there is no pin in there! I know the complete history on this weapon. Bought it off my brother in law and he only put 2 mags through it and then it sat in the box until I bought it. The frame has never been apart. S&W left the pin out!? I would hope not.

Last edited:

hard eight

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2013
    Richardson
    Looks like the part inside the mag well on the Shield that you have to lower in order to remove the slide.

Not sure how it could have just fallen out.

Bought a shield today and didn't lower anything inside the mag well to breakdown.
    Locked slide open, rotated lever, released slide lock and removed slide. Maybe my part fell off already but its new.

Sent from my ME172V using Tapatalk

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Bought a shield today and didn't lower anything inside the mag well to breakdown. Locked slide open, rotated lever, released slide lock and removed slide. Maybe my part fell off already but its new.
    Instruction booklet. page 22, figures 22 & 23. Part is called sear deactivation lever.

Top Bottom