Need Help in Parker County

Discussion in 'Gun Legislation' started by tj32, Mar 24, 2009.

1. tj32

tj32 New Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Parker County Commissioner's Court just passed an ordinance that restricts responsible gun owners from shooting on their own land if they have less than 10 acres and are on platted land.

The court did not allow those against the ordinance to speak.

If you live in Parker County, call your commissioner.
    If you disagree with this decision, go to weatherforddemocrat.com and express your opinion in the poll on the bottom right hand side.

2. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    You may want to get statements from Hays Co. commissioners regarding their reasoning for striking down the same bill. May help your cause.

3. Slotback

Slotback Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Interesting to see how this plays out.....

4. Texan2

Texan2 TGT Addict

Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    This law or ones like it are common

5. Globug

Globug New Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Parker County
    I'm not against owning a gun. Nor am I against hunting. However, it is extremely IRRITATING to listen to my neighbors who are constantly firing their weapons during their practice, and yes they have a berm, but NO it does NOT muffle the sound of the firearm. We are in a subdivision but we are out in the county. Why the hell don't you guys go to the gun range and shoot your pop guns?

Don't those of us who don't like the constant sound of pop pop pop have rights too?

6. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck 1911 Nut Lifetime Member

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Sure you do. Have you ever gone over to your neighbor, introduced yourself, and discussed it like an adult? Judging by your comments here, I rather doubt it. You might well find some accomodation - such as some type of sound deflectors/muffling, etc.

7. Dawico

Dawico TGT Addict

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    It seems to me like they are at a gun range.

8. DMC

DMC Active Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Navasota
    Of course you have rights, you can shoot your guns too!

9. Silenced America

Silenced America Member

Aug 26, 2011
    DFW / Amarillo
    I have an easy solution. Step 1. Call Sean Cody and have him set you up a trust and add all of your irritating neighbors to your trust as trustees on an amendment. Step 2. Call me and I will outfit you with a silencer for every caliber that they are shooting. I bet the neighborhood cat problems will dwindle too. It is a win-win for everyone then.

10. Charlie

Charlie TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    Absolutely! Why don't you help work for easier and less expensive ways to own and use sound suppressors? That would solve your problem, right?