• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tj32

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Parker County Commissioner's Court just passed an ordinance that restricts responsible gun owners from shooting on their own land if they have less than 10 acres and are on platted land.

The court did not allow those against the ordinance to speak.

If you live in Parker County, call your commissioner.
    If you disagree with this decision, go to weatherforddemocrat.com and express your opinion in the poll on the bottom right hand side.
    Venture Surplus ad

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    You may want to get statements from Hays Co. commissioners regarding their reasoning for striking down the same bill. May help your cause.

Globug

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2011
    Parker County
    I'm not against owning a gun. Nor am I against hunting. However, it is extremely IRRITATING to listen to my neighbors who are constantly firing their weapons during their practice, and yes they have a berm, but NO it does NOT muffle the sound of the firearm. We are in a subdivision but we are out in the county. Why the hell don't you guys go to the gun range and shoot your pop guns?

Don't those of us who don't like the constant sound of pop pop pop have rights too?

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I'm not against owning a gun. Nor am I against hunting. However, it is extremely IRRITATING to listen to my neighbors who are constantly firing their weapons during their practice, and yes they have a berm, but NO it does NOT muffle the sound of the firearm. We are in a subdivision but we are out in the county. Why the hell don't you guys go to the gun range and shoot your pop guns?

Don't those of us who don't like the constant sound of pop pop pop have rights too?

Sure you do. Have you ever gone over to your neighbor, introduced yourself, and discussed it like an adult? Judging by your comments here, I rather doubt it. You might well find some accomodation - such as some type of sound deflectors/muffling, etc.

DMC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2009
    Navasota

Of course you have rights, you can shoot your guns too!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    DFW / Amarillo

I have an easy solution. Step 1. Call Sean Cody and have him set you up a trust and add all of your irritating neighbors to your trust as trustees on an amendment. Step 2. Call me and I will outfit you with a silencer for every caliber that they are shooting. I bet the neighborhood cat problems will dwindle too. It is a win-win for everyone then.

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    Isn't the state law something along the lines of "in not in the city limits no law can be made on 10 acres or less as far as shotgun or airgun shooting" I know the neighbor is probably shooting rifles but I see the county itself is going beyond there juristriction as far as folks can shoot. If he is complaining about noise that 12ga is going to louder then that .22.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    LOCAL GOVERNMENT CODE

TITLE 7. REGULATION OF LAND USE, STRUCTURES, BUSINESSES, AND RELATED ACTIVITIES

SUBTITLE B. COUNTY REGULATORY AUTHORITY

CHAPTER 235. COUNTY REGULATION OF MATTERS RELATING TO EXPLOSIVES AND WEAPONS
    SUBCHAPTER B. FIREARMS

Sec. 235.022. AUTHORITY TO REGULATE. To promote the public safety, the commissioners court of a county by order may prohibit or otherwise regulate the discharge of firearms on lots that are 10 acres or smaller and are located in the unincorporated area of the county in a subdivision.
    Added by Acts 1989, 71st Leg., ch. 1, Sec. 55(a), eff. Aug. 28, 1989. Renumbered from Sec. 240.022 by Acts 2001, 77th Leg., ch. 1420, Sec. 12.003(9), eff. Sept. 1, 2001.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009

so you are living in a subdivision? jut curious but is the offensive firearm enthusiast living in the same subdivision? or is he on a larger piece of land adjacent to the neighborhood? i only ask because i'm sick and tired of listening to yuppies moving "out to the country" and then bitching when they hear "pop pop pop". guns are part of country life. just because you brought a little piece of suburbia with you in the form of tightly spaced houses , new sidewalks and bicycle lanes doesn't change that.

now i don't know anything about you, so don't think im lumping you into that category, but that type of person exists - im just pointing that out and declaring my opinion that they should save everyone the headache and jsut stay inside the austin city limits.

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    Yep, thats the law I was thinking of. I moved to Tx about 1 1/2 years ago from Illinois. We looked at places with acreage that were not in a subdivision and were 5 plus acres. I found the law and made sure that the place we bought was over 10 acres. It's not by much but... it says over 10. Which frees it from this law. Wife was also offered jobs all over TX but when it came to being near a big city, that killed it. After living in Illinois, growing up on farms and able to shoot anywehre, then... after 1968 that went to almost not place to shoot, traveling 90 miles just to get to shoot outside, well that was the end.

I suggest a petition drive? Also, we definately need to look at whom we elect to offices, offices that we think are so low on the totem pole that it really doesn't matter.

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    so you are living in a subdivision? jut curious but is the offensive firearm enthusiast living in the same subdivision? or is he on a larger piece of land adjacent to the neighborhood? i only ask because i'm sick and tired of listening to yuppies moving "out to the country" and then bitching when they hear "pop pop pop". guns are part of country life. just because you brought a little piece of suburbia with you in the form of tightly spaced houses , new sidewalks and bicycle lanes doesn't change that.

now i don't know anything about you, so don't think im lumping you into that category, but that type of person exists - im just pointing that out and declaring my opinion that they should save everyone the headache and jsut stay inside the austin city limits.

That is happening more and more, that's what killed hunting and shooting where I came from. More and more of these folks who have not been exposed to firearms, military, hunting or even outdoor activities think they can regulate YOUR life if you choose to be their subdivison neighbor.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    9847836.jpg

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Original post is in March 2009?

I can sympathize. You can't shoot BB guns in town legally, even in your own back yard. BB guns!

I have to go hide and setup a little range in my frickin' garage to shoot BB guns with my kids unless I want to drive out of town. Re-freakin'-diculous.

Top Bottom