• ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    East Texas
    Can't go wrong with a Glock.

With that said, I'm a hammer guy.
    Shop around for a good used HK USP.
    How about a Beretta 92? If I had to live my life with one DA pistol.....

Both the 92 and the USP are on my looooooong list of guns to buy. I tend to also gravitate toward hammer fired handguns, as both my P07s are still my favorite guns. With that being said, the trigger on my P365 and on the P320 I shot were wonderful. Wonderful to the point that I can easily say I've never shot a striker fired gun with a better trigger. But good and bad triggers are subjective. I have a buddy who loves the XDS trigger, for example. I think it's a couple pounds too heavy.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Once Glock upgraded the RSA and ejector my G19 Gen 4 didn't give me any problems. Thr finish on the slide was kind of crappy though. I held a Gen 5 G17 and G19 recently and the lack of finger grooves was a welcome touch.

The magazine cutout on the front strap of the G19 was annoying but I doubt I'd really notice it while firing. The G17 without finger grooves fit perfectly.

I'd decide first on whether you want a striker or hammer fired gun and then evaluate options from there. The more time I have spent with my CZ 82, the more it's grown on me. I personally want to try an SP-01 next.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Pistol whipping someone is generally a dumb thing to do. Anyone that knows anything about martial combat (not martial arts,) will tell you .....

Anyone who knows a bit about martial arts will point out that getting that close to an assailant gives then the chance to grab your throat or get a thumb in your eye. After your head hits the pavement the assailant has your pistol

Bad idea to get that close if you can avoid it.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Pistol whipping someone is generally a dumb thing to do. Anyone that knows anything about martial combat (not martial arts,) will tell you there are generally better ways to knock someone out. Secondly, which has already been mentioned, even if you are carrying a metal gun it's likely going to hurt the firearms functionality and accuracy. Again, a dumb thing to do.

besides, that's what night sticks, billy clubs, and rocks were made for.
    A great story - I am responding to a car chase and driver bails. They are in this field by the lake and I see the Sgt, a tac guy, chasing him. I get out of my squad to go assist and I see him with his Model 92 raised and conks the guy right on the head. I advised dispatch no more units were needed. Fun times on evening shift.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

phoenix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2014
    Ok so here's the deal. I'm itching to buy another pistol and can't decide what to get. They're all really close in price with one exception. So here are the options:

Sig P320 for $375 at classic firearms. (Police trade in with night sights)

Glock 19. Never had a glock but apparently I need one.

CZ P10C. It's a CZ.

Sig SP2022. There's something cool about these. Plus its hammer fired.

I'm leaning toward the p320 mainly because of the price and the trigger. I love the polymer sig's trigger. What do y'all think? Any other gun that I just gotta get instead?

Anyone know the trigger pull on the sig p320? To the op origional question you really cant go wrong with a Glock, but the sig is really nice. In the cz i personally really like the p07 duty. Very nice gun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    East Texas
    The P320 came in a couple days ago. It has a little holster wear at the front of the frame and on the takedown lever. The rest of the pistol looks and feels new. It came with 2 magazines. 1 was brand new and the other has a couple small scuffs on the baseplate. The recall has been done as others have suggested. The night sights are very bright as well. The gun is very accurate and very comfortable to shoot. I love the added character that the wear provides...plus it stops me from worrying about getting any scratches on it. I went out and shot a couple hundred rounds through it Monday and wouldn't hesitate to buy another P320.
    20180913_195420.jpg

crash83

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2017
    Spring, TX
    The P320 came in a couple days ago. It has a little holster wear at the front of the frame and on the takedown lever. The rest of the pistol looks and feels new. It came with 2 magazines. 1 was brand new and the other has a couple small scuffs on the baseplate. The recall has been done as others have suggested. The night sights are very bright as well. The gun is very accurate and very comfortable to shoot. I love the added character that the wear provides...plus it stops me from worrying about getting any scratches on it. I went out and shot a couple hundred rounds through it Monday and wouldn't hesitate to buy another P320.
    View attachment 148525

Love mine...
    I had a Glock 19 gen 4 loved it...as i was preparing to have the slide milled for a red dot , i bought a 320 compact RX [with the romeo already mounted].
    Added the 320 x-carry grip.
    Found my self rarely shooting the Glock and sold it.
    Recently bought a H&K Vp9sk and then a Glock 19x [fell into some really good deals].
    One night while going through the safe , i took out the 19x the H&K and the 320.
    The H&K had a Lobos ind. trigger and the 19x i had worked over by TR Graham ...not polished but springs adjusted and 3.5 connector added.
    So i was comparing the 19x and H&K triggers and thought ...lets see how the 320 stacks up.
    Trigger was better than the other two. I was kinda shocked.
    All three guns where very similar and all the same size [with the H&K 15 round mag.]
    So i sold the H&K [i will buy another , but wanted something different]
    Shot a 320 x5 today...and it was no better than my 320 rx x carry. Both shot the same , with my 320 being a hair more comfortable.[due to the slightly smaller grip]
    Also shot the Sig scorpion 1911 carry model...and confirmed i dont care for 1911s...

My point....order a x carry grip mod and really enjoy your gun!

ZIG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Sugar Land
    My vote goes to 19 and p320. I mean you cannot go wrong with either but we all tries to make the loudest bang for the buck.

I have p320 subcompact and p320 compact. Both shoots great and carries comparably (I am size medium). If you are considering p320 just want to let you know, I think someone is selling new p320 full size for 450ish on gunbrokers. Whether a new gun is worth the extra bucks is your call. You may also take a look at p320 compact, which is smaller, cheaper and holds 15+1 rounds.
    For glock, you may need to be careful about picking gen3 or 4 (I don’t have a gen 5). Gen 4 has different grip texture, backs-trap that gen 3 don’t have, and double spring which reduces recoil compare to Gen 3. Personally I don’t like the new texture which hurts my palm and the waist area when carried, I don’t care for the back strap, and the recoil difference is not that much for a 9mm gun (not much for my .40 as well). I would pick a gen 3 if it is $50 cheaper.

As I am typing I am carrying a p320sc and have a Glock 22 in my car. So you may consider getting both lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom