• ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I did, but then I changed it per the advice on here.
    Ah, I see.

The advise on here is geared toward general electrical switches. Hot is the black wire (opposite DC where black is the ground or negative) and the wire your switch would normally go on. The confusion came when you stated that you didn't have just a black, white, and ground (green) as in your original schematic.

Something like this would have to refer back to the instructions from the manufacturer (I know, blasphemy).

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The blue wire is the neutral and would be placed on the same terminal the white wire would go on. The brown wire is the line voltage and would be placed on the same terminal as the black wire. European wiring colors. I had to put up with that back in '98 - '99 when I was in Kuwait on a job with a former employer.

And green with yellow stripe is still ground.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    I'll be NO help at all except for the next 'adventure'. For Christmas, DW gave me a couple of battery-powered LED motion lights to install for HER. One went in the pantry, the other is 'under cabinet' lighting for the main work area of the kitchen counter. It's about 12 LEDs in a small stick-on or screw-on little strip(about the size of a small surge protector power strip). Three AA batteries and off you go... The sensor apparently works on actual motion, not heat change, so the instant the door is opened, the light comes on. The duration can be set for 30 or 90 seconds, IIRC...as long as you are in the pantry, the light will stay on.

It makes quite a difference, especially when you don't have all the ceiling can lights on, like at night, when you want to sneak something out of the pantry without lighting up the whole room.

This type of fixture is at HD and Lowe's; but ours came from Tuesday Morning and only cost $9.99 ! They even unclip from the mount so you could 'take it with you' as a flashlight, if needed.

Nowhere near as sophisticated as the OP project; but an easy way out with a decent result. Perhaps a better idea for renters who might need to remove at a later date. ;) BTW, the overhead mount is great for the longer strip; but I install ours at about eye level on the inside of the door casing...out of the way, but lights up the small pantry nicely.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Whoops. Looks like most of my problem was a bad switch. Have swapped over to a normal light switch for now while waiting for Lutron to mail me a replacement.

Top Bottom